Microsoft AR/VR Job | Principal Data Engineering Architect
Job（岗位）: Principal Data Engineering Architect
Citys（岗位城市）: Redmond, United States
In Mixed Reality, people—not devices—are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together—whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more.
We are the Microsoft Mesh team, responsible for a suite of services including Mesh and Azure Remote Rendering, that bring holograms to life across all platforms. Come join us as we build our services and next generation experiences where lines between holographic content and real world are eliminated.
Our team has people from a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, previous work histories, life experiences, and we are eager to maintain and grow that diversity. Our varied backgrounds and unique experiences enable us to be better at building the best solutions for our customers and make for dynamic and joyful collaborations with colleagues! If you are passionate about groundbreaking Mixed Reality technology and want to work on a team dedicated to a culture of inclusion, growth mindset and collaboration, we need you!
Be a part of a team that values collaboration, experimentation, and innovation. Your unique background, ideas, skills, partnered with a growth mindset are welcome in this team. As a member of the Microsoft Mesh team you will be on the cutting edge of building Mixed Reality devices and services. Our goal is to deliver the best, most compelling collaborative user experiences. We do this through measurement, data, KPIs and science.Helping our customers succeed with our solutions is what excites us every day!
This is for an individual contributor/tech lead position with opportunity to take on a people leadership role as the team grows.
- 10+ years programming C++, C#, Java or Python
- Bachelors or master’s in computer science or similar engineering degree, or 10+ years of equivalent industry experience
- Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality or Game development experience.
- Time-series prediction or deep learning involving sequential models.
- Working knowledge of motion capture and environmental measurement systems, Optitrack, Lidar, Total Station.
- Working knowledge of 3D video/skeleton capture systems
- Data architecture experience, SQL, Kusto, Power BI
- Be self-driven and show ability to deliver on ambiguous technical challenges with incomplete data.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
More specifically, you will:
- Design and build Microsoft Mesh’s data platform
- Work across multiple partner teams to develop the right product KPIs, influencing the engineering work to hit those KPI’s to ensure product success.
- Design, architect, implement, and support key data pipelines and data assets that provide structured and timely access to actionable business information with the needs of the end customer always in view.
- Build ETLs/ELTs to take data from various telemetry streams and data sources to craft a unified data model for analytics and reporting.
- Develop a deep understanding of vast data sources (existing on device and in the cloud) and know exactly how, when, and which data to use to tackle particular engineering or business problems.
- Retrieve, analyze and present data using Azure Data Explorer/Kusto, Power BI and other data management systems
To be successful in this role, you must have strong skills in written and oral communications, a can-do attitude and the willingness to tackle hard ambiguous problems in innovative ways. You also thrive in a team environment that values cross team collaboration and building on the success of others.