Microsoft AR/VR Job | Senior CPU Power Modeling
Job（岗位）: Senior CPU Power Modeling
Type（岗位类型）: Hardware Engineering
Citys（岗位城市）: Raleigh, United States | Austin, United States
The Silicon Computing Development team is seeking passionate, driven, and intellectually curious computer/electrical engineers to deliver premium-quality designs once considered impossible. Our team is involved in numerous projects within Microsoft developing custom silicon for a diverse set of systems ranging from traditional computing solutions to artificial intelligence and augmented reality. We are responsible for delivering cutting-edge, custom CPU and SoC designs that can perform complex and high-performance functions in an extremely efficient manner.
- 5+ years of experience in CPU Power Architecture or Modeling with a proven track record of leadership on complex IP’s
- Deep knowledge and understanding of CPU architecture and general computer architectures.
- Working knowledge of RTL design, logic simulation, circuits
- In depth knowledge of CPU Power modeling, RTL/Gate level Power analysis tools such as PrimePower and PowerArtist.
- Programming languages such as C/C++ and Python
- Excellent verbal and written communication
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
In this role, you will:
- Establish yourself as an integral member of a Power team for the development of custom SoC components.
- You will define, document, and implement CPU Power modeling methodologies.
- Work with architecture, design, verification, thermal, and performance modeling teams to develop sophisticated CPU power models.
- Lead the implementation of an automated process to incorporate design and modeling data into models.
- Process CPU benchmarks and determine peak, typical, and idle power. Analyze di/dt events, develop virus workloads, and analyze various power management techniques for power reduction.
- Project and report power constrained CPU performance results to senior management.