Microsoft AR/VR Job | Hardware Engineering Program Manager
Job（岗位）: Hardware Engineering Program Manager
Type（岗位类型）: Hardware Engineering
Citys（岗位城市）: Mountain View, United States
Microsoft Mixed Reality is seeking a Hardware Program Manager to join the Product Development and Mechanical Engineering team, with a focus on supporting Configuration Management. The candidate must be a motivated self-starter who will thrive in this fast-paced technical environment. You will be responsible for configuration management throughout the development cycle into product launch. This includes working directly with engineering and product development teams, factory and material planning, suppliers, compliance, planning, and other partner teams. Throughout the program you will manage BOMs, components, material, system configurations, and lead an environment enabling efficient execution and collaboration across Microsoft and partner development teams.
- 5 years minimum experience in Program Management or Configuration Management
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required
- This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services governed by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Due to contractual limitations and ITAR obligations associated with this role, U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(3) is required.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams across multiple geographical locations
- Subject matter expert in standard document control processes for BOMs, Parts, and PDM Systems
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex issues and tradeoffs to development partners and management
- Strong ability to write, speak and present information effectively and persuasively across communication settings
- Ability to manage supplier engagement, including managing complex supply chains
- Knowledgeable in logistics, domestic and international shipping
- Proficient in Power BI, Excel and other Microsoft Office tools
- Experience working within a fast-paced, highly technical organization
Experience with end-to-end development and manufacturing processes in the context of either consumer electronics, medical devices, or other high-density, low-power product design, from ideation to production
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
In this role as a Hardware Program Manager, you will be responsible for the following, but not limited to:
- Configuration Management of Mixed Reality devices and systems
- Creating and managing BOMs and Components using OnePDM or similar PDM system
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams across multiple geographical locations, including Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Development teams, Release Management, Component Engineering, and Manufacturing and Supply Chain partners to ensure Mixed Reality products meet technical requirements for on-time compliant launches.
- Identifying and defining requirements, issues and constraints, and collaborating driving to closure
- Communicating updates, issues and trade-offs to development partners and management
- Material management and managing Build Readiness for projects from development to production
- Identifying risks associated with program build plan utilizing Clear to Build reports and Tier 2 lead times
- Managing workflow for inbound shipments, collaboration with Trade, Logistics, Tier 2, and Factories
- Establishing scope with Contract Manufacturers, from local quick-turn CM’s to Production CM’s and Tier 2 suppliers
- Creating, documenting, and optimizing processes and tools, including influencing changes in company-wide software tools
- Anticipating needs of program and partners and removing obstacles, to stay ahead of the program