Microsoft AR/VR Job | Senior Technical Artist
Job（岗位）: Senior Technical Artist
Type（岗位类型）: Design & Creative
Citys（岗位城市）: Redmond, United States
Mixed Reality is predicted to shape the way people will work, and our team is building the software to create this modern workplace. We are engaged with frontline workers to develop innovative tools they can use to tackle new challenges or express their own ideas.
How do we do this? We use deep customer research, observation, and understanding paired with design thinking to concept, build, and ship products that will improve the way people get work done each day and help them break free from the limits of our current work environments.
We are looking for a Senior Technical Artist to help translate art targets into Mixed Reality, as well as help to prototype our unique mixed reality products and experiences. The ideal candidate for this role is driven by curiosity and their passion for learning, with any combination of relevant skills that could contribute to the creation of delightful and sophisticated user experiences (including 3D art pipeline, modeling, lighting, animation, prototyping abilities, etc).
If you are passionate about groundbreaking Mixed Reality technology and want to work on a team dedicated to a culture of inclusion, growth mindset, and collaboration, we need you!
This team supports our employees in all locations around the country. This job has the option to be remote or located in one of our hubs.
- 5+ years of technical or game design experience working with Unity, Unreal, or equivalent tools
- Up-to-date online portfolio/demo reel/work samples
- BA/BFA in 3D Design, Interaction design, Computer Science, or equivalent industry experience
- Designed a game experience or user interface in a 3D, Virtual, or Augmented Reality product that has shipped
- Experience creating rapid prototypes to demonstrate the functionality of yourdesign
- Experience creating both 3D art and animation pipelines
- Experience collaborating cross-functionally with developers, technical artists, UX designers, project managers, copywriters, etc.
- Understanding of UX/UI concepts, and how your designs conform to responsive UI/UX methodologies
- Proficient with various professional 3D software packages for asset content production (ex: 3DSMax, Maya, Houdini, Modo, Motion Builder, Zbrush, Mudbox, Photoshop, etc.)
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experiencein the following areas of User Experience design: Accessibility,Eye Tracking, Gesture, and Voice
- An interest in maker culture and a knack for creating/designing without fear or hesitation!
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
– Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Translate art concepts into our 3D application
- Help to define and develop the artistic vision of products, ensuring consistency in quality and experience; translate those ideas into prototypes
- Create a wide variety of 2D and 3D prototypes; partner closely with Designers, 2D Artists, and Software Developers on feature prototypes
- Prototype concepts on Mixed Reality devices (i.e. HoloLens) with a variety of inputs