Microsoft AR/VR Job | Principal Software Engineer
Job（岗位）: Principal Software Engineer
Type（岗位类型）: Software Engineering
Citys（岗位城市）: Redmond, United States
In Mesh, people—not devices—are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together—whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating groundbreaking technologies, inclusive of computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more.
We’re a team of talented engineers, program managers, designers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, Windows Mixed Reality headsets, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox. Our team has people from a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, previous work histories, life experiences, and we are eager to maintain and grow that diversity. Our varied backgrounds and unique experiences enable us to be better at building the best solutions for our customers and make for dynamic and joyful collaborations with colleagues!
We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer to join our team. If you are passionate about groundbreaking Mesh technology and want to work on a team dedicated to a culture of inclusion, growth mindset and collaboration, we need you!
– OR equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience as a technical lead
- 3+ years of experience with Unity, Unreal or related game engines
- Experience shipping 3D games or MR experiences
- Experience in Augmented or Virtual Reality development
- Experience incorporating AI models and Computer Vision algorithms in 3D experiences
- Experience in shipping scalable, networked user experiences
Software Engineering IC5 – The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $133,600 – $256,800 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $173,200 – $282,200 per year.
Certain roles may be eligible for benefits and other compensation. Find additional benefits and pay information here: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/us-corporate-pay
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
As a Principal Software Engineer in the Mesh Experiences team, you will work with a team of amazing engineers to create immersive, collaborative experiences that will revolutionize interactions between the end users and their devices. These experiences will empower users to seamlessly transition between the physical and the digital world and access relevant information in a manner that is more human in nature. The experiences we develop follow a human-centered design approach and we hope to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more together.
- Work on a set of delightful, high quality, performant experiences that work across 3D (VR – Virtual Reality, AR – Augmented Reality) and 2D (PCs, Tablets, Phones) endpoints.
- Partner with industry-leading Engineers, Artists, Designers and PMs to turn concepts into wonderful, shipping experiences.
- Work with state-of-the art next generation Mixed Reality hardware, sensors, and software.
- Incorporate the latest AI, Machine Learning and Computer Vision capabilities into the design of our products.
- Contribute to team growth, team health and culture by demonstrating Microsoft’s leadership principles.