Microsoft AR/VR Job | Senior Program Manager
Job（岗位）: Senior Program Manager
Citys（岗位城市）: Redmond, United States
In Mixed Reality, people—not devices—are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together—whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction and more.
We’re a growing team of talented engineers, program managers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox. Our team has people from a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, previous work histories, life experiences, and we are eager to maintain and grow that diversity. Our varied backgrounds and unique experiences enable us to be better at building the best solutions for our customers and make for dynamic and joyful collaborations with colleagues!
If you are passionate about groundbreaking Mixed Reality technology and want to work on a team dedicated to a culture of inclusion, growth mindset and collaboration, we need you!
The Devices & Technology team within Mixed Reality is responsible for every physical device that Mixed Reality ships – from firmware to final hardware.
This role is part of the Program Management Office team that drives program clarity across the entire organization. We are seeking an individual who will be a strong leader in program management for our Public Sector/Government devices.
We want you to drive innovation that people love and be boundary-less in seeking solutions.
- 10+ years of experience in program management within product development and engineering teams.
- This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services governed by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Due to contractuallimitations and ITAR obligations associated with this role, U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanentresident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(3) is required.
- Hardware development experience.
- Experience working with offshore manufacturing partners and suppliers.
- 5+ years of people management experience.
- Demonstrated cross-functional and cross-organizational experience.
- Strong communication skills are a must, with ability to integrate information from multiple teams, escalating issues at the right time/ level and ability to bring the teams together to resolve issues in a productive manner.
- The candidate must be willing and able to travel (domestic and international) to support development activities.
- Responsibility for multiple delivered-to-market product development cycles in devices incorporating cutting edge-technologies.
Background Check Requirements:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Candidates selected for this position must comply with Federal Executive Order 14042 mandating that federal contractors and subcontractors receive the COVID-19 vaccine by being fully vaccinated before their date of hire, or work with Microsoft to receive an approved religious or medical accommodation.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
As a Senior Program Manager, you will be responsible for the following including but not limited to:
- Ensuring a shared understanding across multiple teams outside of the immediate org as you drive projects. Cross-functional collaboration with partner teams is critical to success.
- Driving the Rhythm of the Business, ensuring quality meeting planning and follow-ups.
- Program managing schedule, deliverables, teams, and budgets.
- Implementation of process/tools to monitor project health.
- Defining and driving execution for product/project roadmaps across multiple development areas.
- Managing vendor engagements, including initial vendor selection, contracting, and purchasing.
- Synthesizing the complex as you provide technical status and updates to Senior Management.