Microsoft AR/VR Job | Senior Product Engineer- Systems Level Test
Type（岗位类型）: Hardware Engineering
Citys（岗位城市）: Austin, United States | Portland, United States
The Microsoft Silicon team is transforming the ways people communicate, create, and collaborate through the devices and components we develop. We are a growing team of engineers on a mission to develop revolutionary designs and ship first-to-market products. Azure, XBOX, Surface and Hololens incorporate our internally developed silicon components.
Our team is creative and resourceful; we value growth and learning.
We want to amplify your abilities so you can do your best work.
Join us, and together we will turn groundbreaking hardware designs into reality!
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related degree.
- 5+ years of experience with system level test in validation and/or semiconductor manufacturing test environments in terms of architecture/design, execution, data collection, analysis, correlations, and application selection/specification.
- 4+ years of experience in developing ICs (pre-silicon, first silicon bring-up, new product introduction).
- Proficient at writing software and scripts with industry standard languages such as Python, C/C++.
- Experience with system level test for products in any of the following categories: CPUs, GPUs, high performance compute.
- Exceptional knowledge of system level test architecture, infrastructure (i.e., hardware and software) requirements, test case development flows, test case generation and selection.
- Strong communication, collaboration, and teamwork skills.
- Adaptability (responds, explores, constructive attitude)
- Growth Mindset (It starts with a belief that everyone can grow and develop)
- Understanding of product manufacturing and test processes.
- Experience with
- End-to-end silicon engineering taking products from pre-silicon readiness to first silicon bring up and then production
- Test Executive/program development
- System level test cases (SLT) definition/generation/selection/execution and data analysis
- Thermal control and feedback
- Thermal management of higher power devices
- Debug tools such as oscilloscope, DMM, SMU, VNA
- Performance (i.e., power management features, mode optimization, voltage margining/checking) applications on SLT
- Datacenters, CPUs, AI, machine learning, digital neural networks would be an asset.
- Data Collection and debugging system failures
- Scripting and automation
- Customer Focus (anticipates needs and proactively meets expectations)
- Drive for results (actively pursues outcome, delivers on commitments)
- Influence for impact (communicates, networks, persuades, influences)
- Judgement (scope problem, builds & applies knowledge)
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
The position will have responsibility for product engineering, with a focus on:
- Develop system level test platform, strategy, requirements, tools, methodologies across hardware and software.
- Defining, guiding, and contributing to the development of the software automation infrastructure for system level test (SLT) and system to tester correlation activities.
- Collaborating with team members and partner teams to develop and integrate hardware/firmware/content for SLT platform.
- Product characterization and correlation for power/performance from system to ATE.
- Generate and leverage correlation, characterization and performance data to optimization outgoing quality and power/performance.
- Management of multiple development activities across a variety of product groups.
- System level failure triage and debug across silicon, hardware, software.
We will learn about our customers and their businesses with a beginner’s mind and then bring solutions that meet their needs. We will be insatiable in our desire to learn from the outside and bring it into Microsoft, while still innovating to surprise and delight our users.
Diverse & inclusive
The world is diverse. We will better serve everyone on the planet by representing everyone on the planet. We will be open to learning our own biases and changing our behaviors, so we can tap into the collective power of everyone at Microsoft. We don’t just value differences, we seek them out, we invite them in. And as a result, our ideas are better, our products are better, and our customers are better served.
We are a family of individuals united by a single, shared mission. It’s our ability to work together that makes our dreams believable and ultimately achievable. We will build on the ideas of others and collaborate across boundaries to bring the best of Microsoft to our customers as one. We are proud to be part of team Microsoft.
Making a difference
If we commit to being customer obsessed, becoming more diverse and inclusive, and operating as One Microsoft, we will achieve our mission to empower every person and organization on the planet. Beyond that, we will make a difference and find deep meaning in our work. We stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve and are motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation.
We fundamentally believe that we need a culture founded in a Growth Mindset. It starts with a belief that everyone can grow and develop; that potential is nurtured, not pre-determined; and that anyone can change their mindset.