Microsoft AR/VR Job | Software Engineer II
Job（岗位）: Software Engineer II
Citys（岗位城市）: Redmond, United States
In Mixed Reality, people—not devices—are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together—whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more.
We’re a growing team of talented engineers, program managers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox. Our team has people from a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, previous work histories, life experiences, and we are eager to maintain and grow that diversity. Our varied backgrounds and unique experiences enable us to be better at building the best solutions for our customers and make for dynamic and joyful collaborations with colleagues!
If you are passionate about groundbreaking Mixed Reality technology and want to work on a team dedicated to a culture of inclusion, growth mindset and collaboration, we need you!
Our products incorporate ground-breaking technologies, from HoloLens, the Holographic Processing Unit (HPU), to image/video processing, depth sensing, computational photography, computer vision, graphics, machine learning, human-computer interaction, gesture recognition, eye tracking, hand tracking and biometrics. We bring these technologies to HoloLens and other future devices.
- A BS, MSc or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent
- 2+ years of relevant software design and development experience preferably on shipped consumer products or platforms
- 2+ years of native development skills in C/C++ design and coding
- Proven experience working through the full product cycle from initial design to final shipping product
- Outstanding technical problem solving and debugging skills
- Experience with optimizing code on CPU, SIMD and/or GPU
- Experience with deep learning in visual object detection, and or classification
- Experience with computer vision based research/consumer project
- Familiarity with camera sensors, camera calibration and geometry as well as image signal processing/filtering pipelines
- Excellent optimization skills working in a multi-threaded environment
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
Cloud Screen Requirement:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Work on innovative technologies related to machine learning and computer vision
- Research, improve, design, implement, bring-up, optimize, and validate cutting-edge human tracking algorithms on low-level, multicore systems
- Own the quality of your software
- Work in close partnership with a team of diverse and talented peers in various disciplines including Silicon, Hardware, Program Management and Quality teams
- Own accurate design and costing for your engineering activities
- Participate actively in detailed design, code reviews, bug/issue triage with the feature teams, and support well informed decisions towards business and engineering goals.