Microsoft AR/VR Job | Senior Software Engineer
Job（岗位）: Senior Software Engineer
Citys（岗位城市）: Portland, United States | Atlanta, United States | Philadelphia, United States | Austin, United States | Seattle, United States | Chicago, United States | Charlotte, United States | New York, United States | Dallas, United States | Redmond, United States | Boston, United States | Reston, United States
In Mixed Reality, people—not devices—are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together—whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more.
We’re a growing team of talented engineers, program managers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox. Our team has people from a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, previous work histories, life experiences, and we are eager to maintain and grow that diversity. Our varied backgrounds and unique experiences enable us to be better at building the best solutions for our customers and make for dynamic and joyful collaborations with colleagues!
If you are passionate about groundbreaking Mixed Reality technology and want to work on a team dedicated to a culture of inclusion, growth mindset and collaboration, we need you!
- A Bachelor/Master’s/PhD degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related technical discipline
- 3+ years of professional development experience
- 2+ years of relevant data platform, analysis experience
- Experience with large scale (structured and unstructured) data processing and analysis tools (like Cosmos/Scope, Azure Data Explorer, ElasticSearch/Kibana, HDInsight, Hadoop, SQL, etc.)
- Experience in Azure technologies, infrastructure, security activities like configuring security for resources and creating threat models.
- Strong customer focus and passionate about doing the right thing for the customer
- Able to deliver in an ambiguous environment
- A strong desire to create an inclusive environment to teach and mentor junior engineers
- A desire to invent new technologies when existing ones are not enough to meet existing needs
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Building products customers love is our obsession! Our team works on data platform, data analysis and machine learning problems, enabling Mixed Reality to make the best possible decisions about its business, experiences, and technology. We partner with business owners and PMs to translate their questions/goals into a data science project, determine sources of data, conduct the analysis that will reveal actionable insights, and develop/operationalize models. In addition, we are passionate about learning on the job, our team does our own explorations and encourages hackathons, enabling us not only to innovate but to also bring insights proactively to our customers. We love the cultural change that is happening at Microsoft, and we try to bring our growth mindset to work every day!
In this role you will
- Implement Secure Data Pipelines, to create enriched data using raw events from devices and services.
- Follow security and privacy guidelines when building data systems
- Create Data models to support data analysis needs.
- Use data analysis, intuition, and creativity to research and discover answers to key questions around product reliability, user engagement and business growth opportunities
- Define, track and report key metrics and forecasts to assess overall business health
- Support engineering counterparts to define the questions they want to be answered through data analysis