Microsoft AR/VR Job | User Researcher 2
Job（岗位）: User Researcher 2
Type（岗位类型）: Design & Creative
Citys（岗位城市）: Redmond, United States
In Mixed Reality, people—not devices—are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together—whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating diverse groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more. We believe that technology is only as powerful as people who create experiences with it, so we are building a robust Mixed Reality ecosystem including Azure Mixed Reality services and Developer Platform. We’re a growing team of talented engineers and artists putting technology on a human path. We believe there has to be a better way. If you do too, we need you!
We are looking for an experienced User Researcher who’s highly skilled in creating user journeys and working with multiple types of users, including Developers and Partners. In this role, you’ll help inform our services and ecosystem engineering and design teams through research, end user engagement, and activating human insight into our first party experiences and devices.
If you’re a great communicator who is always curious and searching to solve hard human problems, read on.
- 4+ years’ proven success leading User Research projects with demonstrated impact
- A research portfolio demonstrating past work experience and deliverables (e.g. study plans, reports, etc)
- BS in HCDE, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, or similar
- MS or PhD in Human Factors, HCDE, or Cognitive Psychology.
- Grasp of quantitative data analysis and statistics
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Work alongside product and design to identify and prioritize research questions based on analysis of current knowledge, project goals, and risks.
- Develop and implement user-centered research throughout design and development using a variety of methodologies including: ethnography, contextual inquiry, diary studies, concept testing, benchmarking, competitive analysis, usability, persona/profile creation, and other appropriate qualitative and quantitative research techniques.
- Perform quick but thorough data analysis in order to create insightful and actionable findings presentations (verbal and written) and a willingness to advocate and escalate research insights.
- Deliver high-quality user research solutions in an environment with frequently shifting priorities and new market opportunities.
- Continually monitor research, data, and trends from secondary research sources (both internal and external) such as academic research and industry reports to inform and improve our research methods and methodology.
- Leverage remote research tools such as Usertesting.com.
- Be comfortable conducting research remotely, as well as in a range of consumer environments (home, office, etc.) and lab settings.
- Be an informed and vocal advocate for the user.