Microsoft AR/VR Job | Head of New Business / MRCS
Job（岗位）: Head of New Business / MRCS
Type（岗位类型）: Program Management
Citys（岗位城市）: San Francisco, United States
At Microsoft, we have bold ambitions: Empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. In 2015, we launched HoloLens, the world’s first spatial computing device and platform, with the mission of empowering people to transform their world. In 2022, we continue that journey with the core belief that mixed reality can bring people closer and help them go further. In that spirit, the Mixed Reality Capture Studios team is looking for an experienced leader to head our efforts to grow the global market for volumetric video in service of Mixed Reality and beyond.
Our studios produce holograms of people and performances, capturing their full 3D appearance so you can view the performance from any angle at any time. We operate a reference stage in San Francisco and have licensed our tech to many partners around the world including London, Los Angeles, Berlin, Seoul, Washington D.C., Tokyo, and Zurich, with several more on the way. These studios enable creators to build consumer and enterprise experiences for Mixed Reality, mobile, web, desktop, and TV. Hundreds of projects have been produced in our ecosystem with very high-profile talent and bands… it’s not just a science experiment, it’s real. And we’re just getting started, with a roadmap to add many more global studio partners, mobile kits to deploy anywhere, real-time systems, and even consumer-level capture. It’s the evolution of photography and video, and we envision the day when everyone in the world is viewing this kind of content daily and collecting/sharing holograms of people and moments they love
- 10+ years relevant experience developing new markets around innovative technology, with proven success delivering results via partners and customers
- 5+ years working with visual media technologies and/or media production
- Experience with marketing and communications in support of new technologies
- Demonstrated success initiating, negotiating, and closing partnership deals.
- Experience with Mixed Reality devices, applications, and/or scenarios
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, and collaboration skills across multiple disciplines – this role works broadly with the MRCS team, the MR org/leadership, and many external partners and customers.
- Experience working with the ambiguity of early-phase products and markets
- Passion for new ideas and technologies, persistence for the long journey to scaled adoption and impact in the world.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Microsoft’s Mixed Reality Capture Studios is looking for a creative and strategic leader to drive the market growth of volumetric video on a global scale. This will be a highly visible and dynamic role… part evangelist, part dealmaker, part producer, part marketing and communications. Success requires collaboration across our creative, stage, engineering, and licensing teams as well as adjacent Mixed Reality teams and external partners/clients.
As Head of New Business for MRCS, you will:
– Identify strategic customer segments and priority markets for volumetric content.
– Help define and validate scenarios to drive adoption in those markets.
– Partner with internal teams, external clients, creative agencies, and experience platforms to light up those scenarios
– Publicize and support innovative projects to inspire and attract new interest.
– Own our public profile and messaging across the press, social media, conferences
– Own and drive our KPIs for market engagement, usage, and customer satisfaction.
– Feed customer and market needs back into our product designs and roadmap.
– Report on strategy, progress, and challenges with key MS stakeholders and execs.