Microsoft AR/VR Job | Senior ML Software Engineer
Job（岗位）: Senior ML Software Engineer
Type（岗位类型）: Software Engineering
Citys（岗位城市）: Multiple Locations, United Kingdom
From being able to log you in with face recognition, correct your gaze during a video chat to maintain eye contact, to the exciting possibilities in augmented reality, are you itching to play a part in bringing applications of machine learning to millions of users?
The Microsoft Applied Sciences Group incubates disruptive technologies for Microsoft’s next-gen hardware products and is working on several exciting projects that will shape how computers and other devices perceive the user and the user’s environment. Operating as a startup within the company, this team works closely with several research and product teams to bring compelling new experiences to the market. A lot of these experiences will be powered by machine learning – and as part of this team, you will have the unique opportunity to work on almost every aspect of a shipping vision system: camera optics, sensors, data pipeline and of course, developing and implementing the algorithms that make magic happen!
The team is growing, and we have an exciting opportunity for a talented software engineer to drive implementation and integration of state-of-the-art AI algorithms for specific and general-purpose silicon on next generation devices and operating systems. You will have collaboration opportunities throughout the organization and will be building new stuff that really works and has millions of users.
Microsoft offers a competitive base salary plus bonus, excellent benefits package and stock.
- Must be strong programmers with software engineering experience and excellent debugging skills.
- Must be passionate about incubating new ideas, solving problems, and building working systems.
- Must be self-motivated, proven collaborators, good communicators, attentive to details, and keen to learn.
- Practical experience working in a highly performant team in an academic or industrial research environment.
- Should hold a PhD or similar degree in computer vision or machine learning
- or have BSc in computer science or related fields and suitable alternative expertise and experience.
Must have experience in the following:
- Machine learning, especially deep learning.
- Minimum 3 years of C++ (especially C++11 and newer) and Python experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of ONNX, Pytorch or tensorflow experience.
Should have hands-on experience working on at least one of:
- Experience in optimizing model performance, model surgery such as rewriting model graphs, fixing input sizes and masking approaches.
- Experience with model quantization to 8 bits and fewer.
- Experience in creating APIs, SDKs and software packages for third parties, experience with WinRT, UWP, WinML and C# is a plus.
- Experience with CI/CD for MLOps.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Integrate LLMs and other large models to run on devices
- Develop algorithms based on and supporting LLMs
- Integrate models, datasets, tests and training code into our landscape of products.
- Maintain and track model performance, map novel networks to dedicated silicon.
- Collaborate with engineering and product development teams.
- Contribute to a real-time system involving multiple components.
- Plan feature integration timeline and roadmap to take prototypes to production.
- Improve system quality through the design and implementation of new testing methodologies
- Integrate novel approaches into CI/CD system.