Microsoft AR/VR Job | Director of Business Management
Job（岗位）: Director of Business Management
Type（岗位类型）: Business Operations
Citys（岗位城市）: Other, United States
The Microsoft Cloud is at the center of the company’s cloud strategy with exponential growth in revenue and consumption. Encompassing a wide range of cloud offerings, such as Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Dynamics 365, Microsoft 365, Microsoft Defender, and Microsoft Power Platform, the Microsoft Cloud is the only enterprise-grade Cloud with a true hybrid story and advanced features for identity, security, management, and compliance built-in. The Data, AI, and MR marketing organization is focused on helping our customers move to a data-first world where data flows up to products, applications and services. There is significant momentum in this business with ambitious goals harnessing the power of data, and unleashing the possibilities of AI powered applications. The Data, AI, and Mixed Reality Marketing team, part of the Cloud Marketing organization in MCB, is looking for an ambitious, creative, results-driven Director of Business Management (aka Chief of Staff) who is passionate about organizational effectiveness and building team culture.
The Chief of Staff, reporting to the Data, AI, and Mixed Reality Marketing CVP, is key member of the leadership team, ensuring the strategic execution of team priorities, responsible for business performance and budget management, while acting as an advisor for the CVP and leadership team (LT). This role requires a highly resourceful, self-driven individual with the ability to partner, execute, and lead through influence. Our ideal candidate loves working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, leads by example, has sound business judgement, problem-solving expertise, and wants to drive significant impact. Respect, integrity and discretion in handling confidential information, and a high degree of professionalism in dealing with internal and external professionals is critical.
- This person will be a self-starter who can analyze problems quickly, develop innovative solutions, communicate ideas effectively, clearly prioritize activities and deliverables, operate independently, and manage multiple projects in parallel. To be successful in the role, this person will also need to be a strong thinker, an excellent communicator and collaborator, and a proven doer.
- Ideal candidates will have Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field (e.g., Liberal Arts, Business Administration, Management, Computer Science)
- 10+ years experience in financial management, business planning, operations management, strategy, project management, human resources, or business-related roles
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Drives the architecting, developing, and executing the rhythm of business. Drives strategy initiatives and helps facilitate for rhythm of business (ROB); uses strategy plans to inform structure and business insights to predict business outcomes. Works with senior leaders to drive outcomes. Collaborates with internal and/or external partners to develop plans and articulate potential benefits of partnerships and how they provide mutual value. Drives business review cadence. Informs direction for processes related to adherence to privacy and compliance.
- Leads strategy execution in partnership with the leadership team across the organization. Leverages knowledge of the business to drive the leader’s and business’s goals. Leads and oversees processes to ensure alignment across groups. Sets best practices for long-term company strategy within existing businesses, and advocates and presents business cases to senior leadership. Shares priorities with leaders to negotiate appropriate level of team’s involvement on initiatives so as to help team drive execution of top priorities. Establishes key performance indicators (KPIs) in alignment with strategy to help streamline business strategy. Works with the organization to establish and report against targets, and adjusts targets if necessary.
- Leverages deep knowledge of organizational strategy and planned deliverables for the upcoming year(s) to design budgets. Develops forecasting plans in partnership with the leadership team. Works in partnership with Finance to approve the budgets. Oversees the development of metrics for budgeting and forecasting; identifies actions that can be taken to course-correct and drive performance improvement; anticipates business challenges based on forecasts and develops plans accordingly; contributes knowledge to strategic investment decisions. Works with Procurement team to coordinate future resources. Ensures that the leader is aligned on the headcount strategy and participates in or leads the organizational design for headcount allocation.
Maximizing/ Extending the Leader
- Leads in conjunction with stakeholders and the leadership team on multiple workstreams (e.g., workforce planning, culture, business health). Leverages key partnerships to drive the agenda for the leadership teamand ensures follow up. Builds and cultivates relationships with senior leaders and executives. Advises senior leaders and key external stakeholders on industry and company insights as a key partner. Acts as a proxy for the leader. Creates alignment within partnerships by providing an objective point of view, ensuring all voices are heard, synthesizing ideas, and creating an action plan.
- Drives team culture and health for the leader by getting a pulse on organizational health, as well as leading culture initatives (e.g., Diversity and Inclusion [D&I], hiring, onboarding) while partnering with Human Resources to do so. Capitalizes on team strengths and identifies development areas, strategizing, planning, and executing trainings. In partnership with Human Resources, tracks Microsoft Poll responses and coordinates a response. Tracks the use of role-based compliance trainings and new trainings; drives the training completion rates. Ensures a healthy compliance scorecard for the organization.
- Drives cross-team projects as needed to meet the changing business environment and to manage complex business needs (e.g. strategic initiatives related to the senior leadership team (SLT) and/or Board of Directors (BoD), management excellence, and early-in-career support). Leads project/program management to ensure organization-wide implementation of strategic efforts that require hands-on coordination across multiple disciplines and business organizations. Leads strategic innovation and experimentation. Creates clarity on ambiguous projects and develops plan for execution.