Microsoft AR/VR Job | Business Administrator
Job（岗位）: Business Administrator
Type（岗位类型）: Business Operations
Citys（岗位城市）: Cambridge, United Kingdom
In Mixed Reality, people—not technology—are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new way of interacting aimed at bringing us closer together—whether that’s students “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars, a grandparent attending a birthday party from another country, or a Doctor removing a tumor inside a human body. To get there, we’re incorporating groundbreaking technologies, from computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more. We’re a growing team of talented engineers and artists putting technology on a human path across Windows platform and devices. If you want to be part of the journey to bring a new computing paradigm into being – we need you!
As the Business Administrator, you are responsible for managing the administrative operations and growing the business. You will work with the Mixed Reality Mesh and Runtimes, Mixed Reality Business Management team as well as the other Business Administrators to create a culture and work environment to support our global offices across our locations.
As a growing business, ongoing evaluation of processes, programs and operations is essential, providing for appropriate structure, training and guidance for managers and leaders, coordination with other functions such as finance, legal and HR and implementing ongoing improvements as the business develops. Your experience in growing or changing businesses is helpful to provide insight into appropriate systems and processes.
This role requires strong collaboration skills, judgment, organizational skills, great attention to detail, the ability to meet tight deadlines, and strength in navigating and juggling multiple priorities. Your judgment and taste in creating the atmosphere, ambiance, and amenities for small to large events is highly valued. Respect, integrity and discretion in handling confidential information, and professionalism in dealing with people inside and outside the company is important, as is a good sense of humor and perspective.
Your ability to complete work quickly with little to no guidance, react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround, and take effective action without always having the total picture will be needed. A calm and reassuring manner, bringing confidence and focus to tense situations will be highly valued.
– Demonstrated experience in representing Partner or Partner team in administrative role. Experience in global travel or managing across multiple locations preferred.
– 1+ years of scheduling experience managing high-level calendars, high volume clientele at Partner level preferred.
– Excellent organizational, analytical, anticipatory, and written communications skills.
– Ability to make independent decisions and to juggle multiple projects at once, in addition to dealing with ambiguity.
– Solid project-management and problem-solving skills.
– Must be assertive and have a high level of integrity and consistently demonstrate a positive can-do attitude with the ability to maintain the confidentiality of overly sensitive material with tact and professionalism.
– Eager and able to work effectively under pressure with short time constraints and in relatively ambiguous and complex situations, as well as the ability to adjust direction in response to changing work situations.
– Able to work successfully in a team environment, build effective working relationships inside and outside group with varying levels of collaborators and accommodate working styles and perspectives of diverse individuals and groups.
– Knowledge of corporate organization and ability to navigate it and knowledge of departmental business practices and tools is preferred.
– Experience with team support strongly preferred. Proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
– Knowledge of internal Microsoft tools such as Employee Central, iCIMS, HeadTrax, HRInsights, MS Expense, MS Travel, MyOrder, etc. a plus. BS/BA degree preferred.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Responsibilities will include:
– Coordinate and represent Mixed Reality to a wide spectrum of MS employees, as well as executives and employees from outside organizations.
– Manage and maintain calendar on a daily, monthly, quarterly and annual basis to ensure accurate scheduling and organization. Evening and weekend calendar adjustments and changes are common.
– Make decisions on behalf of the team to ensure meeting requests meet with time management priorities and performance objectives.
– Coordinate domestic and international travel including on-the-ground logistics
– Work closely with the Mixed Reality Business Management team on budgets and expenses in a compliant and timely manner. Negotiate services when needed, primarily event related.
– Work closely with the Business Administrator and Business Management team on aligning Rhythm of the Business processes and operations and ensure tight coordination of Executive and Team commitments
– Coordinate scheduling and logistics for leadership staff meetings, team All-Hands, events and off-sites, including venue selection, meeting details, and material preparation. Participate as a member of the team, contributing to setting business priorities, providing perspective on the team, morale, space, resources and represent issues with teams across Microsoft and other dependencies.
– Manage and maintain team aliases, Teams sites, surveys and other internal communication forums. Provide input to communications and feedback to ensure clarity and engagement across the organization. Support preparation of reports as needed.
– Create a fun and inclusive team-based environment across the division admins.
The successful candidate will have:
– Minimum 1-3 years of administrative experience supporting a team and manager
– Minimum 2 years of scheduling experience managing calendars