Microsoft AR/VR Job | Engineering Project Specialist
Job（岗位）: Engineering Project Specialist
Citys（岗位城市）: Mountain View, United States
In Mixed Reality, people—not devices—are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together—whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction and more.
The Devices & Technology team within Mixed Reality is responsible for every physical device that Mixed Reality ships – from firmware to final hardware.
Our team has people from a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, previous work histories, life experiences, and we are eager to maintain and grow that diversity. Our varied backgrounds and unique experiences enable us to be better at building the best solutions for our customers and make for dynamic and joyful collaborations with colleagues!
If you are passionate about groundbreaking Mixed Reality technology across a variety of form factors, and want to work on a team dedicated to a culture of inclusion, growth mindset and collaboration, we need you!
We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-driven Engineering Project Specialist (EPS) toplay a critical role in supporting new electrical hardware product development by creating and maintaining BOMs, and managing material procurement. In this role, you will be responsible for materials readiness, availability, and visibility in support of developing high-density electronics from prototype through mass production.
A successful candidate will be responsible for processing engineering change orders (ECOs) and related PCBA BOM management activities in OnePDM. We are seeking a team player who is highly organized, able to prioritize issues, and track details to manage the risks associated with early manufacturing builds
- 6+ years’ experience in cross-functional collaboration, organizational design and systems planning
- Requires basic understanding of design and manufacturing of electrical and mechanical systems
- Requires experience in PDM Management such as OnePDM or equivalent
- Detail oriented
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal)
- Proficient in excel and other Office tools.
- Experience working within a fast paced highly technical organization.
- Able to execute multiple project timelines related to suppliers on time delivery performance throughout the development cycle
- Understanding of PCBA bill of material (BOM) structure and change control concepts
- BA/BS degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Operations or Business
- Knowledgeable in logistics, shipments, domestic and international
- Experience working with overseas/Asia based suppliers
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Oversee electrical component material availability (BOM) for all electrical hardware builds (PCBAs, FPCAs, etc)
- Interface with contract manufacturers as the main point of contact for BOMs. Includes creating ECOs, tracking ECO changes, updating and tracking ECO versions, etc throughout the lifecycle of the products
- Track and release Purchase Orders (POs) utilizing internal Microsoft tool, confirmation of receipts and day to day updates.
- Supervise material logistics for new product development builds
- Assist in material availability status reports/communications and escalations when needed
- Ability to respond to engineering design and change requests quickly and efficiently
- Identify risks associated with program build plans
- Communicate / Participate with broader program team to ensure successful communication and delivery of requirements.
Manage workflow for inbound shipments, collaboration with logistics and factories.