Microsoft AR/VR Job | Mechanical Engineer
Job（岗位）: Mechanical Engineer
Type（岗位类型）: Hardware Engineering
Citys（岗位城市）: Mountain View, United States
The Microsoft Mixed Reality hardware team is transforming the ways people communicate, create, and collaborate through the devices and components we develop. We’re a growing team of engineers on a mission to develop revolutionary designs and ship first-to-market products. Our team is creative and resourceful; we value growth and learning. We want to amplify your abilities so you can do your best work. Join us, and together we’ll turn groundbreaking hardware designs into reality!
3D Printing – 3 yrs.+ experience
The ability to organize, load, and execute submitted file requests per engineers request as well as assist engineers in choosing appropriate technologies based on their needs.
Model Making -5 yrs.+ experience
The ability to use basic shop tools and equipment to hand fabricate/modify parts and assemblies as needed. This entails the ability to design, build, either by fabrication OR reduction methods, in the creation of part components and their assemblies.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
As a Mechanical Engineer in the Rapid Prototyping Technologies role you will be responsible for 3D printing capabilities and prototyping including (but not limited to):
- Supervise work flow schedules with engineers , designers and managed service team members as applicable.
- Researching and keeping current with 3D printing technologies including but not limited to hardware, software, and CAD file repairing techniques.
- Facilitate open line of communication with equipment vendors and materials suppliers.
- Manage organization of the lab and workspace as needed.
- Understand and enforce shop safety requirements for all people accessing the space.
- Part Fabrication
- SLS and Polyjet 3D Printing – receive/review requests, organize print jobs, clean parts, maintain printer, deliver parts as needed.
- Laser cutting – Utilize laser cutting equipment and techniques for accurate part production.
- Machining – have capability to machine parts, modify existing parts per engineer’s instruction using basic manual mill and assorted shop tools
- Use basic shop tools to hand fabricate/modify parts and assemblies as needed.
- Ability to fit, prep, paint, and assemble parts for presentation purposes.
- CAD/CAM – Well versed in using CAD and or CAM software and ability to learn new CAD software.
- Device Assembly
- Small Scale Assembly – assemble devices using automated/manual techniques with fasteners and adhesives.
- Inventory Management – track quantities of parts and materials received. Coordinate ordering of items in shortage.
- Process Documentation – document processes used for device assembly and part fabrication.
- Tool Fabrication – design and build simple tools to facilitate device assembling.
- Project Management
- Time Management – be able to take project requests/inputs from multiple engineers, estimate effort levels for each project and deliver on time.
- Goal Oriented Work Instruction – ability to take requirements for a project, distill them into work items that need to be completed and deliver results.
- Problem solving
- Work independently when needed to assist problem solving activities.
- Assistance to mechanical design engineering.
- Work with electrical engineers, industrial designers, mechanical engineers, software engineers, design verification engineers, component engineers and program managers.