Microsoft AR/VR Job | CPU Power Verification Engineer
Job（岗位）: CPU Power Verification Engineer
Type（岗位类型）: Hardware Engineering
Citys（岗位城市）: Raleigh, United States | Austin, United States
The silicon computing development team is seeking passionate, driven, and intellectually curious computer/electrical engineers to deliver premium-quality designs once considered impossible. Our team is involved in numerous projects within Microsoft developing custom silicon for a diverse set of systems ranging from traditional computing solutions to artificial intelligence and augmented reality. We are responsible for delivering cutting-edge, custom CPU and SoC designs that can perform complex and high-performance functions in an extremely efficient manner.
- BS/MS(preferred) in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science
- 6+ years of design verification experience
- Strong programming skills including object-oriented design and implementation. Proficient using C/C++, Verilog, and ARM assembly
- Experience in verification using random stimulus along with functional coverage and assertion-based verification methodologies
- Experience with SystemVerilog (UVM preferred)
- Experience with analyzing complex systems and developing detailed test plans.
- Experience with scripting language such as Python or Perl and EDA Verification tools.
- Experience with On-die current, temperature, voltage sensor, PLL, and telemetry circuits
- Knowledge of Power modeling, RTL/Gate level Power analysis tools such as PrimePower and/or PowerArtist
- Proficient communication, collaboration and teamwork skills and ability to contribute to diverse and inclusive teams
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
In this role, you will:
- Establish yourself as an integral member of a Power team for the verification ofcustom CPU components.
- You will work with architecture, design, thermal, and firmware teams to verify sophisticated hardware systems.
- Analyze designs and architectures to develop test strategies that will ensure functional correctness.
- Development of tests that achieve coverage goals.
- Debug failures and work with designers and other verification engineers to resolve issues.
- Generate and report power constrained performance results.