Microsoft AR/VR Job | Software Engineer
Job（岗位）: Software Engineer
Type（岗位类型）: Software Engineering
Citys（岗位城市）: Redmond, United States
We have an immediate opening for a Software Engineer on the Mixed Reality Cloud team. We are working on several projects for current and future Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality hardware including building new, leading edge User Experiences, developing network optimization and operating system integration. We are looking for someone with a background and passion in some or all these areas or is self-motivated to dive in and learn as they go.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field AND 2+ years technical engineering experience with coding in languages including, but not limited to, C, C++, C#, Java,
- OR equivalent experience.
- 2 or more years of relevant professional software development experience
- Experience with cloud-based build and engineering systems such as ADO or equivalent
- A proven ability to work in a team environment on a shared code base
- A proven track record of delivering high quality solutions for technical challenges
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- A BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Desirable expertise in, experience with or passionate about:
- Developing cloud-based applications for Azure, AWS or equivalent
- Scripting languages such as PowerShell or equivalent
- Mixed Reality (Augtmented Reality and Virtual Reality) hardware or software
- Experience with building applications for Windows, Android, or iOS
- Experience with general software design and implementation
- Experience with game engines such as Unity or Unreal
Software Engineering IC3 – The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $94,300 – $182,600 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $120,900 – $198,600 per year.
Microsoft has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets (see below). The range above reflects the potential base pay across the U.S. for this role (except as noted below); the applicable base pay range will depend on what ultimately is determined to be the candidate’s primary work location. Individual base pay depends on various factors, in addition to primary work location, such as complexity and responsibility of role, job duties/requirements, and relevant experience and skills. Base pay ranges are reviewed and typically updated each year. Offers are made within the base pay range applicable at the time.
At Microsoft certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including merit increases, annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role. Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of employment with Microsoft and the country work location. U.S.-based employees have access to medical, dental, and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and wellbeing benefits, among others. U.S.-based employees also receive, per calendar year, up to 10 scheduled paid holidays, and up to 80 hours Holistic Health Time Off. Additionally, hourly/non-exempt employees accrue up to 120 hours paid vacation time, and salaried/exempt employees have Discretionary Time Off (DTO).
Our Commitment to Pay Equity
We are committed to the principle of pay equity – paying employees equitably for substantially similar work. To learn more about pay equity and our other commitments to increase representation and strengthen our culture of inclusion, check out our annual Diversity & Inclusion Report. ( https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/diversity/inside-microsoft/annual-report )
Understanding Roles at Microsoft
The top of this page displays the role for which the base pay ranges apply – Software Engineering IC3.
The way we define roles includes two things: discipline (the type of work) and career stage (scope and complexity). The career stage has two parts – the first identifies whether the role is a manager (M), an individual contributor (IC), an admin-technician-retail (ATR) job, or an intern. The second part identifies the relative seniority of the role – a higher number (or later letter alphabetically in the case of ATR) indicates greater scope and complexity.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Developing, improving, and maintaining the continuous integration and continuous delivery engineering system for Mixed Reality Cloud including both Windows and Android environments.
- Monitoring source repositories for security, compliance, and shipping requirements
- Develop internal tooling to assist engineering teams to automate critical internal processes
- Working in close partnership with a team of diverse and talented peers in various disciplines including software engineering, program management, and Software Development for sustained long term success
- Partnering with your peers and technical leadership to deliver solid technical designs
- Owning accurate costing for your engineering activities, and executing with high accountability to schedule and quality
- Working on all aspects of Software Development including design, implementation, testing, maintenance, documentation, and delivery
- You are expected to be capable of solving ambiguous and challenging technical problems with wide scope
- You will be expected to lead by example and maintain the standard and craftsmanship embodied in our products
- You will have the opportunity to work with new technologies on a diverse range of cutting-edge hardware platforms