Microsoft AR/VR Job | Software Engineering Manager – Mixed Reality
Citys（岗位城市）: Redmond, United States
As Microsoft continues to develop the Intelligent Cloud & Edge the set of customer experiences will grow every day. In the Mixed Reality Team we are focused on enabling those experiences with physical devices like HoloLens as well as new devices connected to innovative services in Azure. Our tech functions beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together—whether it is a virtual gathering in Mesh or enabling key remote enterprise scenarios. To get there, we are incorporating diverse groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, and human-computer interaction. We are a growing team of talented engineers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, IoT, tablets, and desktops.
With the release of HoloLens 2 new projects have emerged to help bring AR/VR devices into more situations and this role is in support of the HoloLens IVAS program. This role is lead new engineering solution in support of IVAS development and release. It requires a key focus on scale, security of the software supply chain, developer environment provisioning and configuration, test orchestration and execution, and integration with many secure Azure services. The code delivered by your team will enable bring-up along of applications in a tightly controlled environment. You will need to engage with many different partners in the organization from contract requirement points focused on implementation details to compliance program managers to front-line experience developers all to ensure engineering systems are productive and secure. This is a lead role of multiple developers, full-time and contract, as well as service engineers in support of program objectives. It will require creativity and technical problem solving and planning as new program commitments emerge.
- Applicants must be US citizens, green card holders, of have been granted asylum in the United States.
- BS or Masters in Computer Science or similar engineering degree, or 3-5+ years of equivalent industry experience
- 3+ or more years managing a team of multiple software engineers through multiple product releases.
- 3+ years working with object-oriented design, coding, and E2E testing software development practices leveraging GIT
- 3+ years developing with one of these languages C++, C#, Objective C, Java, or Python
- 3+ years leveraging build and test systems such as Azure DevOps, Jenkins, or similar development systems.
- 2+ years delivering engineering solutions in Azure, AWS, or other cloud solution.
Additional skills that will be beneficial to the role but are not required.
- Daily passion for helping developers get more out of their development and test loops.
- Development leveraging the Powershell Scripting language
- Debugging experience on Windows, Android, IOS
- NIST 800-171 and other compliance training and exposure.
- GitHub project and source code management
- Unity or Unreal development experience
- Experience with Artifactory software
Candidates selected for this position must comply with Federal Executive Order 14042 mandating that federal contractors and subcontractors receive the COVID-19 vaccine by being fully vaccinated before their date of hire, or work with Microsoft to receive an approved religious or medical accommodation.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Define a vision for turning Executive Order and Government requirements and Developer feature requests into a cohesive strategy and set of ownership goals for the team.
- Coordinate across IVAS partners, IT, and other software teams to own design, schedule, and implementation of high priority tools and services in support of the program and its key dates.
- Clear resource planning and schedule ownership, turning requests into backlogs with sprint-based deliverables
- Adopt appropriate telemetry strategies to understand how your code is leveraged and overall framework reliability.
- Work across key partners in the organization and company for full implementation of Executive Order and other Secure Supply Chain requirements.
- Manage a diverse set of software and service engineers both full time and contract with varying levels of experience via 1:1s, team meetings, and regular guidance.
- Drive the creation and measurement of Objectives and Key Results to understand infrastructure quality.
- Attention to detail to ensure all deployed systems meet the necessary program legal, security, and compliance requirements.