Microsoft AR/VR Job | Principal Data Scientist
Job（岗位）: Principal Data Scientist
Type（岗位类型）: Research, Applied, & Data Sciences
Citys（岗位城市）: Redmond/United States
In Mesh, people—not devices—are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together—whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating groundbreaking technologies, inclusive of computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more. We are looking to hire a Principal Data Scientist to join us.
We’re a team of talented engineers, program managers, designers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, Windows Mixed Reality headsets, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox. Our team has people from a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, previous work histories, life experiences, and we are eager to maintain and grow that diversity. Our varied backgrounds and unique experiences enable us to be better at building the best solutions for our customers and make for dynamic and joyful collaborations with colleagues!
If you are passionate about groundbreaking Mesh technology and want to work on a team dedicated to a culture of inclusion, growth mindset and collaboration, we need you!
This is a hybrid work opportunity, based 50% on-site at the Redmond campus and 50% remote.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, Economics, Operations Research, Computer Science, or related field AND 10+ years experience leveraging the practical uses of statistics (i.e. experimentation, statistical modeling).
- OR Master’s Degree in Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, Economics, Operations Research, Computer Science, or related field AND 7+ years data-science experience (e.g., managing structured and unstructured data, applying statistical techniques and reporting results)
- OR Doctorate in Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, Economics, Operations Research, Computer Science, or related field AND 5+ years data-science experience (e.g., managing structured and unstructured data, applying statistical techniques and reporting results)
- OR equivalent experience.
- 7+ years experience in SQL, R, Python, or related tools for large-scale analysis.
- Experience in building and releasing 3D experiences.
- Cloud Screen Requirement- Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- Have the ability to deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete data.
- Professional experience with large-scale computing systems like Hadoop, MapReduce, and/or similar systems.
Data Science IC5 – The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $133,600 – $256,800 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $173,200 – $282,200 per year.
Certain roles may be eligible for benefits and other compensation. Find additional benefits and pay information here: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/us-corporate-pay
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Work cross functionally to translate business problems into ones that can be solved and informed by data.
- Partner with PM, engineering, research and other data scientists to formulate data-driven answers to business and decision-making problems, applying a wide variety of analytical and modeling techniques
- Applies (or develops if necessary) tools and pipelines to efficiently collect, clean, and prepare massive volumes of data for analysis.
- Develop models of usage, user behavior & business behavior to make recommendations and influence the product road map.
- Applying appropriate statistical and machine learning techniques to generate insights, and presenting findings and recommendations to key decision makers at various management levels
- Validates, monitors, and drives continuous improvement to methods, and proposes enhancements to data sources that improve usability and results.
- Able to coach and mentor other data scientists for technical and product skills. Enables others to deliver high quality deliverables with increased throughput
- Work with other teams across Microsoft to develop key metrics to achieve business outcomes.