Microsoft AR/VR Job | Senior Designer
Job（岗位）: Senior Designer
Type（岗位类型）: Design & Creative
Citys（岗位城市）: Redmond, United States
Microsoft’s Mixed Reality Commercial and Consumer team is looking for a customer-focused Senior Designer with the passion, curiosity, creativity, and empathy to define the spatial future of computing. You will work with our interdisciplinary team to transform customer insights into transformative experiences, and define the path ahead for Microsoft’s MR products, platform, and services. The ideal candidate will be focused on bringing Consumer and Commercial product experiences to life and developing paradigms that unify Microsoft’s mixed reality software, hardware, and services.
In this role, you will combine the expertise of an interaction designer with the human-centered of an experience/game designer. You will bring your unique perspective to our creative process as we seek new ways that technology can empower people and groups to transform the world. You’ll work alongside others in a highly collaborative, cross-disciplinary rapid prototyping environment where we test early, test often, and tirelessly push for the best.
There is no bigger opportunity than defining the foundation of mixed reality computing, communication, and creativity. Join us!
This team supports our employees in all locations around the country. This job has the option to be remote or located in one of our hubs.
- BA/BFA in Game Design, Product Design, Interaction Design or equivalent industry experience
- 4-5 years of Game Design or Product Design experience working in Unity, Unreal or equivalent tools to design interactive products in 3D environments
- Proven record of designing and developing innovative controls & patterns in 3D or immersive experiences
- Proven record of shipping products or games that feel delightful and intuitive to gamers/users
- Ability to create rapid prototypes that demonstrate the functionality of your design ideas
- Strong communication skills
- At least one shipped game or product
- A deep understanding of the entire 3D spatial development process
- Design user interface systems or experiences that support multi-modal inputs
- Experience in the following areas of User Experience design: Accessibility, Eye Tracking, Gesture and Voice
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Conceptualize and develop innovative controls & patterns that work across 2D, 3D, and immersive experiences
- Rapidly prototype concepts to demonstrate your design
- Create sample apps and documentation against the work you do
- Collaborate with cross-discipline peers to solve technical and creative problems
- Help define, live, and champion our best practices
- Demonstrate and communicate clear expectations for quality of work, productivity, communication, and professionalism with team
- Work with designers, producers, and developers to define and meet key milestones as well as create task lists and work estimates
- Be a positive and creative force in the team