Microsoft AR/VR Job | Materials Engineer
Job（岗位）: Materials Engineer
Type（岗位类型）: Hardware Engineering
Citys（岗位城市）: Mountain View, United States
In Mixed Reality, people—not devices—are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together—whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more.
We are looking for a highly motivated Materials or Mechanical Engineer experienced in performing materials and mechanical testing. The successful candidate will have the ability to perform materials testing, simulation and experimentally characterize the designs using a variety of instruments. One to five years of experience in testing and failure analysis of materials and devices.
- B.S. or M.S. in Materials or Mechanical Engineering, with emphasis on advanced materials and characterization techniques.
- This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services governed by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Due to contractual limitations and ITAR obligations associated with this role, U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(3) is required.
- Experience in characterizing materials, performing failure analysis, writing reports to explain findings and presenting findings to cross-functional teams
- The successful candidate should demonstrate a balance of experimental and theoretical approaches to obtain insight into material phenomena and solving problems
- Experience in using Design of Experiments and statistical analysis of experimental data
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
The candidate must be willing and able to travel (domestic and international) to support test, design and manufacturing activities.
- Perform thermal and material testing and characterization
- Perform calculations and data analysis to accurately predict to impact product design decisions
- Use various destructive and nondestructive materials characterization techniques including optical, microscopy, Scanning electron microscopy, FTIR and X-rays
- Use LabView and other data acquisition software
- Study moisture and other degradation mechanisms in support of simulation and design
- Communicate status and results to cross-functional teams and management.
- Travel occasionally to Asia for supplier meetings and factory builds