Microsoft AR/VR Job | Performance Benchmarking Engineer
Job（岗位）: Performance Benchmarking Engineer
Type（岗位类型）: Hardware Engineering
Citys（岗位城市）: Raleigh, United States | Redmond, United States | Austin, United States
The silicon computing development team is seeking passionate, driven, and intellectually curious computer/electrical engineers to deliver premium-quality designs once considered impossible. Our team is involved in numerous projects within Microsoft developing custom silicon for a diverse set of systems ranging from traditional computing solutions to artificial intelligence and augmented reality. We are responsible for delivering cutting-edge, custom CPU and SoC designs that can perform complex and high-performance functions in an extremely efficient manner.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in performance testing and analysis to support silicon design
- Experience should include
- Analyzing and optimizing performance of application workloads
- Defining, conducting and documenting performance experiments and results
- Use of industry standard CPU, memory and I/O centric benchmarks
- Identifying performance bottlenecks using performance analysis tools
- Both scripted and compiled languages (e.g. Python and C++)
- Linux or Windows kernel experience a plus
- Requires an understanding of microarchitectures
- Tool development/automation experience a plus
- Good communication and teamwork skills
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
As a Performance Benchmarking Engineer, you will:
- Bring-up, prepare and instrument workloads for execution and analysis
- Collaborate with other engineers to define, conduct and document performance experiments and test results
- Develop scripts, instrument code, compile, execute and analyze workloads
- Investigate and resolve failures, anomalies and discrepancies observed in workload development/usage/execution
- Measure, assess and investigate latency and bandwidth characteristics in various workloads
- Learn skillsets required to analyze performance of multi-process and multi-threaded software
- Gain experience in systems/performance analysis of distributed systems
- Develop tools to support workload generation, test automation and analysis