Microsoft AR/VR Job | Senior Technical Program Manager
Job（岗位）: Senior Technical Program Manager
Citys（岗位城市）: San Francisco, United States
At Microsoft, we have bold ambitions: Empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. In 2015, we launched HoloLens, the world’s first spatial computing device and platform, with the mission of empowering people to transform their world. In 2022, we continue that journey with the core belief that mixed reality can bring people closer and help them go further. In that spirit, the Mixed Reality Capture Studios team is looking for an experienced program manager to join our efforts to advance the technology of volumetric video in service of Mixed Reality and beyond.
Our studios produce holograms of people and performances, capturing their full 3D appearance so you can view the performance from any angle at any time. We operate a reference stage in San Francisco and have licensed our tech to many partners around the world including London, Los Angeles, Berlin, Seoul, Washington D.C., Tokyo, and Zurich, with several more on the way. These studios enable creators to build consumer and enterprise experiences for Mixed Reality, mobile, web, desktop, and TV. Hundreds of projects have been produced in our ecosystem with very high-profile talent and bands… it’s not just a science experiment, it’s real. And we’re just getting started, with a roadmap to add many more global studio partners, mobile kits to deploy anywhere, real-time systems, and even consumer-level capture. It’s the evolution of photography and video, and we envision the day when everyone in the world is viewing this kind of content daily and collecting/sharing holograms of people and moments they love.
We are looking for an experienced technical program manager to join the Mixed Reality Capture Studios team. Responsibilities include contributing to product roadmaps, planning and scheduling work, coordinating end-to-end experiences, working with engineers and scientists across teams to unlock future technologies, and engaging directly with customers to improve their experiences. If you are passionate about groundbreaking mixed reality technology and want to work on a team dedicated to a culture of inclusion, growth mindset, and collaboration, we need you!
- Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years of program management experience and/or product management experience.
- 4+ years of demonstrated experience working through a complete product cycle, from initial design through post-release support, across functions.
- 3+ years of experience working with software or hardware engineering teams
- Experience working with Computer Vision, Augmented and/or Virtual Reality.
- Experience working with media content creation projects with production-driven deadlines.
- High tolerance for ambiguity and change.
- Experience in driving clarity, alignment, and execution in small and broad teams.
- Excellent leadership and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with geographically diverse team members spread across many time zones.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements that are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Partner with the engineering team to contribute, prioritize, and deliver on the roadmap for multiple feature areas (e.g., product, service).
- Track, coordinate, and communicate end-to-end project schedules.
- Contribute to the development of the staging and implementation plans in alignment with Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). Collaborate with stakeholders to monitor progress and adjust as needed.
- Manage governance processes to ensure that standards are met throughout the development lifecycle (e.g., quality, compliance, privacy, security, safety, accessibility).
- Validate use-case and scenario outcomes, and performance targets that are being achieved. Drive continuous quality improvements impacting product delivery.
- Drive the customer supportability experience. Monitor how products and/or services are being used. Understand and drive improvements in the support processes.