Microsoft AR/VR Job | Senior Software Engineer
Job（岗位）: Senior Software Engineer
Type（岗位类型）: Software Engineering
Citys（岗位城市）: Redmond, United States | Multiple Locations, United States
Mixed Reality Cloud is developing a best-in-class spatial and immersive cloud computing platform to enable Mixed Reality apps and experiences.
We believe cloud execution is the future of Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality. Our mission is to shift Mixed Reality workloads to the cloud to enable stunning experiences on even the smallest form-factor devices. The Mixed Reality Graphics and Interaction Lab team works on the Mixed Reality cloud applications and platforms technologies in areas such as 3D rendering, low-latency streaming, reprojection, 3D composition, network resiliency, video coding, as well as image and video processing.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer on the Mixed Reality Graphics and Interaction Lab team with a background in computer graphics and machine learning to complement our team and join us on this exciting journey!
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others, and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
- OR equivalent experience.
- Experience with Mixed Reality devices, systems, and experiences
- Experience with computer graphics development including using APIs such as DirectX or Vulkan
- Experience with Machine Learning and applying it to solving problems in the computer graphics space.
- 5+ years of relevant professional software development experience
- Expertise in designing, prototyping, and developing advanced graphics algorithms.
- Expertise in writing performance-critical code and in performance analysis and optimization on both the CPU and GPU
- A proven ability to work in a team environment on a shared code base.
- A proven track record of delivering high quality solutions for technical challenges.
- Knowledge of mathematics and linear algebra
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
Software Engineering IC4 – The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $112,000 – $218,400 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $145,800 – $238,600 per year.
Certain roles may be eligible for benefits and other compensation. Find additional benefits and pay information here: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/us-corporate-pay
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Developing the next generation of cloud rendering and streaming technology for Mixed Reality experiences
- Inventing, implementing, and evolving new techniques to improve the visual quality and responsiveness of cloud rendering.
- Working with internal and external partners to help them move their experiences and workloads to the cloud.
- Working in close partnership with a team of diverse and talented peers in various disciplines including design, hardware, Program Management, and Software Development for sustained long term success, and partnering with your peers and technical leadership to deliver solid technical designs and architectures.
- Working on all aspects of Software Development including design, implementation, testing, maintenance, documentation, and delivery
- Maintaining an unwavering focus on our customers and the value you can deliver to them.
- End-to-end ownership of your engineering activities and deliverables, from ideation to delivery
- Mentoring other developers and sharing expertise throughout our team
- You are expected to be a self-starter, capable of solving ambiguous and challenging technical problems.
- You will be expected to lead by example and maintain the standard and craftsmanship embodied in our products.