Microsoft AR/VR Job | Principal Software Engineer – Top Secret – CTJ
Type（岗位类型）: Software Engineering
Citys（岗位城市）: Redmond, United States | Reston, United States
Are you interested in working for on cutting-edge cloud security products? Would you like to be part of one of the world’s most advanced cyber-security solutions and protect millions of computers from thousands of active attack attempts, every month? Look no further than the Microsoft Defender engineering team. As a Principal Software Engineer, you will be building and delivering cloud solutions to meet the scale that few companies in the industry are required to support. Leveraging state-of-the-art technologies, you will be instrumental in delivering holistic protection within highly sensitive and secure government environments. The Microsoft Defender team is responsible for delivering a constantly evolving set of services and solutions to meet the challenging landscape of our ever-evolving attackers.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others andcollaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
- OR equivalent experience.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings:
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- Security Clearance Requirements: Candidates must have an active Top Secret and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph) or have an active TS/SCI and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph).
- OR equivalent experience.
- Kubernetes, and the Kubernetes satellite technologies
- Proven experience with building and supporting large-scale production services, including logging, monitoring, alerting, and measuring reliability and availability.
- Proficient understanding and experience with CI/CD concepts and Git.
- Comfortable debugging issues ranging from the operating system, application, and all the way to the cloud.
- Development experience with cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure
Software Engineering IC5 – The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $133,600 – $256,800 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $173,200 – $282,200 per year.
Certain roles may be eligible for benefits and other compensation. Find additional benefits and pay information here: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/us-corporate-pay
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
The team provides leadership, direction and accountability for application architecture, Cloud design, Infrastructure development and end to end implementation for our Sovereign and Government Clouds. As a Principal Software Engineer, you will work across organizational boundaries to determine and develop architectural approaches and infrastructure solutions, conduct business reviews, operate our production services, and deliver engineering contributions across these services. Effective collaboration skills will be required to work closely with other engineering teams to ensure services/systems are highly stable and performant and meet the expectations of internal and external customers and users.
- Build and improve services to be scalable and highly reliable.
- Lead efforts to deliver and improve engineering systems and practices to deliver services in complex cloud environments.
- Design and automate service scale features and customer requirements.
- Investigate pre-production and production issues, implement, and deploy fixes.
- Participate in an on-call rotation (typically 24/7 for one week every 6-8 weeks) within a secure facility.