Microsoft AR/VR Job | Senior Performance Modeling Engineer
Job（岗位）: Senior Performance Modeling Engineer
Type（岗位类型）: Hardware Engineering
Citys（岗位城市）: Raleigh, United States | Sunnyvale, United States | Austin, United States
The silicon computing development team is seeking passionate, driven, and intellectually curious computer/electrical engineers to deliver premium-quality designs once considered impossible. Our team is involved in numerous projects within Microsoft developing custom silicon for a diverse set of systems ranging from traditional computing solutions to artificial intelligence and augmented reality. We are responsible for delivering cutting-edge, custom CPU and SoC designs that can perform complex and high-performance functions in an extremely efficient manner.
- B.S. degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- 3+ years’ experience developing software models of CPU, GPU, or complex data processing hardware.
- 3+ years’ experience driving improved hardware designs through software model state exploration.
- 3+ years’ experience with OO programming and data structures, using modern C++.
- Good communication and teamwork skills.
- Solid understanding of microprocessor architecture.
- Familiarity with digital logic principles, design, and simulation.
- Experience developing cycle-accurate C++ models
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
As a Senior Performance Modeling Engineer in the Silicon Computing Development team, you will lead development of accurate, performant software models representing the behavior of our next generation hardware.
This high impact role will entail:
- Definition of software architectures appropriate to explore a given state space.
- Implementation of model components and analysis software in C++ and python.
- Collaboration with hardware designers and architects to create an improved design pre-silicon.