Microsoft AR/VR Job | Research Scientist
Job（岗位）: Research Scientist
Type（岗位类型）: Research, Applied, & Data Sciences
Citys（岗位城市）: Zürich, Switzerland
The Microsoft Mixed Reality & AI Labs in Zurich, Cambridge, and Belgrade sit at the forefront of research, hardware, and software development in the field of virtual presence and human understanding in mixed reality. Comprising a diverse, multidisciplinary team, we approach our work not just as an exciting technological opportunity, but with a responsibility to develop a new medium of 3D communication in an inclusive and ethical way. We combine insights in computer vision, machine learning, and graphics, to understand the motion, action, shape, and appearance of a user, and recreate their likeness remotely using advanced computer graphics and neural rendering algorithms. We guide our technological development by building human-centric experiences to ensure we design solutions that people will love to use.
Our offices are located in the heart of Zurich, ideally located between the main train station and the lake. The lab houses around 20 researchers and engineers dedicated to cutting edge research and development on the themes of Presence, Human Motion Analysis and Spatial Mapping. These themes are at the core of [Microsoft Mesh], a recently announced product that enables presence and shared experiences from anywhere – on any device – through mixed reality applications
- A PhD or similar professional experience in computer vision, computer graphics, or machine learning.
- Strong coding, debugging, and engineering skills.
- Hands-on experience with machine learning and 3D data.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Expertise in at least one of
- Generative modelling of face or full bodies
- Face or full body model fitting / tracking
- Action recognition or human motion analysis
- Hand-on experience with deep learning
- A strong publication record at top-tier conferences and journals (e.g CVPR, ECCV, ICCV, SIGGRAPH, NeurIPS, ICLR)
- Expertise in at least one of the following programming languages
- C++ (esp. C++11 and newer)
- GPU programming (esp. CUDA)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Research and Engineering – Work with an interdisciplinary team from conducting state of the art research to developing early prototypes to productization of technologies for social presence and action understanding in mixed reality. Engage with the research community through publications, workshops or the supervision of interns & PhD students.
- Growth mindset – Must be self-motivated, strong team-players, good communicators, embrace challenges, and keen to learn.