Microsoft AR/VR Job | Research Scientist – Mixed Reality and AI
Type（岗位类型）: Research, Applied, & Data Sciences
Citys（岗位城市）: Zürich, Switzerland
The Microsoft Mixed Reality & AI (artificial intelligence) lab in Zurich, Switzerland, is a research and development team building the future of mixed reality and AI. The lab is near ETH Zurich, the top technical school in continental Europe, enabling close collaboration in multiple areas. The city of Zurich is a hub for innovation. Known for its exceptional quality of life, Zurich consistently ranks among the top cities in the world.
Our lab is focused on using computer vision, machine learning/AI and cloud computing to map and understand the environment, recognize, and track relevant objects, and assist users in performing their tasks with ease. We are looking for talented computer vision and machine learning research scientists who share our passion for constructing innovative technology that can be deployed to the cloud and utilized by millions of users.
As a member of our team, you will work with experts in computer vision, graphics, machine learning, robotics, interaction, and software engineering. Collaboration is essential to our work; we value working together to create the best possible technology. Join us and grow your career with us.
- A PhD or similar professional experience in Computer Vision, or AI/Machine Learning.
- Demonstrated coding, debugging, and engineering skills in programming languages such as C++ (esp. C++11 and newer), C# or Python.
- Hands-on experience with deep learning and 3D computer vision methods.
- Must be self-motivated, strong team-player, good communicator, embrace challenges, and keen to learn.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Visual Localization, SLAM, 3D reconstruction
- Object detection and semantic segmentation
- Video understanding and Action recognition
- Human motion analysis, skeletal action recognition
- Publication record at top-tier conferences and journals (e.g., CVPR, ECCV, ICCV, SIGGRAPH, NeurIPS, ICLR)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Works within a team to achieve goals and objectives across services, including understanding user requirements, design, and coding.
- Brings the State of the Art to Products – collaborates in
- Grows expertise in one or more subareas of research.
- Develops a deep understanding of tools, technologies and methods that can be utilized to deploy product-grade, robust and efficient code in the cloud.
- Grows our relationships with the research community. May contribute to publications, workshops, or the supervision of interns & PhD students.