Microsoft AR/VR Job | Software Engineering IC3
Job（岗位）: Software Engineering IC3
Type（岗位类型）: Software Engineering
Citys（岗位城市）: Multiple Locations, Germany
MR Cloud is developing a best-in-class spatial and immersive cloud computing platform to enable MR apps and experiences.
We have an immediate opening for a Software Engineer on the MR Cloud Streaming and Graphics Team.
We strongly believe cloud execution is the future of VR and AR. Thus, our mission is to shift Mixed Reality workloads to the cloud to enable stunning experiences on even the smallest form-factor devices. The MR Cloud Streaming and Graphics team is in charge of key technologies and products such as Holographic Remoting and Azure Remote Rendering, creating and leveraging innovation in areas such as real-time 3D graphics, low-latency streaming, network resiliency, video coding/processing, and many more.
We are looking for a C++/C# software engineer with a strong background and passion in some or all of these areas to complement our team and join us on this exciting journey!
- Developing the next generation of cloud streaming technology for Mixed Reality experiences
- Designing, implementing, and evolving new tools and techniques to analyze and improve the visual quality and responsiveness of cloud rendering
- Working with internal and external partners to help them move their experiences and workloads to the cloud
- Working in close partnership with a team of diverse and talented peers in various disciplines including design, hardware, Program Management, and Software Development for sustained long term success, and partnering with your peers and technical leadership to deliver solid technical designs and architectures
- Working on all aspects of Software Development including design, implementation, testing, maintenance, documentation and delivery
- Maintaining an unwavering focus on our customers and the value you can deliver to them
- End-to-end ownership of your engineering activities and deliverables, from ideation to delivery
- Mentoring other developers and sharing expertise throughout our team
- You are expected to be a self-starter, capable of solving ambiguous and challenging technical problems with wide scope
- You will be expected to lead by example and maintain the standard and craftsmanship embodied in our products
There are plenty of other skills that aren’t required, but you’ll find useful in this role. Let us know if you have experience with, or are passionate about:
- Working with Game Engines such as Unity or Unreal
- Low-latency data transmission over wireless networks
- Real-time graphics programming, including graphics APIs such as Vulkan and Direct3D.
- Video codecs and low-latency, high-throughput video encoding/decoding
- Machine Learning and its application in computer graphics
- Modern CPU+GPU hardware architecture and typical performance bottlenecks
- The position is based in our office near Stuttgart/Germany
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- 3+ years of relevant professional software development experience
- Excellent C++ development and debugging skills
- Experience developing, debugging, profiling, and optimizing code on different hardware platforms and different operating systems, in particular mobile, low-power compute platforms such as standalone AR or VR headsets
- Experience developing applications for devices running Windows and Android operating systems
- A proven ability to work in a team environment on a shared code base
- A proven track record of delivering high quality solutions for technical challenges
- Strong knowledge of mathematics and linear algebra
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent