Microsoft AR/VR Job | Principal Software Engineer
Job（岗位）: Principal Software Engineer
Type（岗位类型）: Software Engineering
Citys（岗位城市）: Redmond, United States
We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer on the Mixed Reality Cloud Team. We are working on several projects for current and future VR and AR hardware including building new, leading-edge User Experiences, developing network optimization and operating system integration.
- OR equivalent experience.
- At least 4 years of experience with any of the following technologies:
- Building platforms for leading-edge ARVR user-experiences, involving rendering, mapping, sensor fusion and related technologies;
- Architecting and implementing remote rendering technologies on Azure or equivalent, targeting Windows, Android, or similar devices;
- Developing or debugging Windows or Android OS internals especially involving low-latency networking, video encodingecoding or DirectXVulkanMetal graphics pipelines
- Experience with streaming 3D (ARVR) experiences
- OR equivalent experience.
- Debugging skills for C#, Java, CC++, Rust or similar
- Ability to work in a team environment on a shared code base
- Demonstrated experience delivering quality solutions for technical challenges
- Demonstrated communication and cross-collaboration skills
- Expertise in writing performance-critical rendering or shader code, conducting performance analysis and optimization using modern graphics tools
- General software architecture and public API design
- Designing and building large-scale Cloud services
- Machine LearningAI with a particular emphasis on computer vision
Software Engineering IC6 – The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $158,500 – $276,600 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $202,800 – $304,200 per year.
Microsoft has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets (see below). The range above reflects the potential base pay across the U.S. for this role (except as noted below); the applicable base pay range will depend on what ultimately is determined to be the candidate’s primary work location. Individual base pay depends on various factors, in addition to primary work location, such as complexity and responsibility of role, job duties/requirements, and relevant experience and skills. Base pay ranges are reviewed and typically updated each year. Offers are made within the base pay range applicable at the time.
At Microsoft certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including merit increases, annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role. Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of employment with Microsoft and the country work location. U.S.-based employees have access to medical, dental, and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and wellbeing benefits, among others. U.S.-based employees also receive, per calendar year, up to 10 scheduled paid holidays, and up to 80 hours Holistic Health Time Off. Additionally, hourly/non-exempt employees accrue up to 120 hours paid vacation time, and salaried/exempt employees have Discretionary Time Off (DTO).
Our Commitment to Pay Equity
We are committed to the principle of pay equity – paying employees equitably for substantially similar work. To learn more about pay equity and our other commitments to increase representation and strengthen our culture of inclusion, check out our annual Diversity & Inclusion Report. ( https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/diversity/inside-microsoft/annual-report )
Understanding Roles at Microsoft
The top of this page displays the role for which the base pay ranges apply – Software Engineering IC6.
The way we define roles includes two things: discipline (the type of work) and career stage (scope and complexity). The career stage has two parts – the first identifies whether the role is a manager (M), an individual contributor (IC), an admin-technician-retail (ATR) job, or an intern. The second part identifies the relative seniority of the role – a higher number (or later letter alphabetically in the case of ATR) indicates greater scope and complexity.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Architecting and leading the development of the next generation Mixed Reality Cloud Platform: building on Windows 365 to deliver high-quality 2D and 3D experiences to 1st & 3rd-party AR and VR headsets
- Architecting and prototyping performance and scalability solutions for Cloud-based rendering including GPU and machine optimizations
- Working in close partnership with peers in various disciplines including Design, Hardware, Program Management, and Software Development for sustained long term success
- Partnering with peers and technical leadership to deliver technical designs
- Maintaining an unwavering focus on our customers and the value you can deliver to them
- Closely collaborating with partner teams when engineering & business dependencies exist
- Mentoring other developers and sharing expertise throughout the team