Microsoft AR/VR Job | Software Engineering IC4 Networking
Job（岗位）: Software Engineering IC4 Networking
Type（岗位类型）: Software Engineering
Citys（岗位城市）: Multiple Locations, Germany
Senior Software Engineer (Networking)
Mixed Reality Cloud is developing a best-in-class spatial and immersive cloud computing platform to enable Mixed Reality apps and experiences.
We have an immediate opening for a Senior Software Engineer on the MR Cloud Streaming and Graphics Team.
We strongly believe cloud execution is the future of VR and AR. Thus, our mission is to shift Mixed Reality workloads to the cloud to enable stunning experiences on even the smallest form-factor devices. The MR Cloud Streaming and Graphics team is in charge of key technologies and products such as Holographic Remoting and Azure Remote Rendering, creating and leveraging innovation in areas such as 3D rendering, low-latency streaming, reprojection, 3D composition, network resiliency, video coding, as well as image and video processing.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate software engineer with a strong background in networking and low-latency streaming to complement our team and join us on this exciting journey!
- 5+ years of relevant professional software development experience
- Excellent C++ development and debugging skills
- Experience developing and optimizing code on different hardware platforms and different operating systems, in particular mobile, low-power compute platforms such as standalone AR or VR headsets
- Deep understanding of wired and wireless networks
- Practical experience in developing software and algorithms for low-latency, high-bandwidth streaming solutions
- Practical experience in areas such as congestion control and forward error correction
- A proven ability to work in a team environment on a shared code base
- A proven track record of delivering high quality solutions for technical challenges
- Solid knowledge of mathematics and linear algebra
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
There are plenty of other skills that aren’t required, but you’ll find useful in this role. Let us know if you have experience with, or are passionate about:
- OS networking stacks (on any OS)
- Low-latency data transmission over wireless networks
- Video codecs and low-latency, high-throughput video encoding/decoding
- Expertise in Machine Learning
- The position is based in our office near Stuttgart/Germany but we are open to flexible work arrangements including 100% WFH.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Developing the next generation of cloud streaming technology for Mixed Reality experiences
- Inventing, implementing, and evolving new techniques to reduce and mitigate transmission latency and improve the quality and resiliency of cloud streaming on different types of wired and wireless networks
- Working with internal and external partners to help them move their experiences and workloads to the cloud
- Working in close partnership with a team of diverse and talented peers in various disciplines including Design, Hardware, Product Management, and Software Development for sustained long term success, and partnering with your peers and technical leadership to deliver solid technical designs and architectures
- Working on all aspects of Software Development including design, implementation, testing, maintenance, documentation and delivery
- Maintaining an unwavering focus on our customers and the value you can deliver to them
- End-to-end ownership of your engineering activities and deliverables, from ideation to delivery
- Mentoring other developers and sharing expertise throughout our team
- You are expected to be a self-starter, capable of solving ambiguous and challenging technical problems with wide scope
- You will be expected to lead by example and maintain the standard and craftsmanship embodied in our products