Microsoft AR/VR Job | Principal Engineering Manager
Job（岗位）: Principal Engineering Manager
Type（岗位类型）: Software Engineering
Citys（岗位城市）: Redmond, United States
In Mixed Reality Cloud, people are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together – whether that is colleagues brainstorming around a giant digital whiteboard, scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars, or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we are incorporating diverse groundbreaking technologies. We are a growing team of talented software engineers and researchers putting technology on a human path across all devices, including those by both by Microsoft and by other companies. We believe Mixed Reality Cloud technology empowers every person and organization to achieve more. If you do too, we need you!
We have an immediate opening for a Principal Engineering Manger on the Mixed Reality Cloud Team. We are working on several projects for current and future Virtual Reaity and Augment Reality hardware including building new, leading-edge immersive User Experiences & related underlying platforms for Window. We are looking for someone with a background and passion in some or all of these areas who is excited about building and leading great teams, putting people and culture at the forefront of all aspects of work.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or related technical discipline AND 8+ years technical engineering experience with coding in languages including, but not limited to, C, C++, C#, Java,
- OR equivalent experience.
- 8 or more years of working in the area of Mixed Reality (Augmented Reality or Virtual Reality)
- 5 or more years direct people management experience
- Lead teams developing platforms or applications for Virtul Reality or Augmented Reality using Microsoft technology
- Lead teams building runtimes for Mixed Reality (Augmented Reality or Virtual Reality), e.g. hand-tracking, head-tracking or equivalent
- A proven ability to create and manage excellent teams
- A proven track record of delivering high quality solutions for technically challenging leading-edge products
- A BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Desirable expertise in, experience with or passionate about:
- Writing performance-critical rendering or shader code, conducting performance analysis and optimization using modern graphics tools
- Developing or debugging Windows or Android OS internals especially involving low-latency networking, video encodingecoding or DirectXVulkanMetal graphics pipelines
- Software architecture and public API design
- Designing and building large-scale Cloud services on Microsoft platforms
- Machine LearningArtificial Intelegence with a particular emphasis on computer vision
Software Engineering M6 – The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $158,500 – $276,600 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $202,800 – $304,200 per year.
Microsoft has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets (see below). The range above reflects the potential base pay across the U.S. for this role (except as noted below); the applicable base pay range will depend on what ultimately is determined to be the candidate’s primary work location. Individual base pay depends on various factors, in addition to primary work location, such as complexity and responsibility of role, job duties/requirements, and relevant experience and skills. Base pay ranges are reviewed and typically updated each year. Offers are made within the base pay range applicable at the time.
At Microsoft certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including merit increases, annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role. Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of employment with Microsoft and the country work location. U.S.-based employees have access to medical, dental, and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, and wellbeing benefits, among others. U.S.-based employees also receive, per calendar year, up to 10 scheduled paid holidays, and up to 80 hours Holistic Health Time Off. Additionally, hourly/non-exempt employees accrue up to 120 hours paid vacation time, and salaried/exempt employees have Discretionary Time Off (DTO).
Our Commitment to Pay Equity
We are committed to the principle of pay equity – paying employees equitably for substantially similar work. To learn more about pay equity and our other commitments to increase representation and strengthen our culture of inclusion, check out our annual Diversity & Inclusion Report. ( https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/diversity/inside-microsoft/annual-report )
Understanding Roles at Microsoft
The top of this page displays the role for which the base pay ranges apply – Software Engineering M6.
The way we define roles includes two things: discipline (the type of work) and career stage (scope and complexity). The career stage has two parts – the first identifies whether the role is a manager (M), an individual contributor (IC), an admin-technician-retail (ATR) job, or an intern. The second part identifies the relative seniority of the role – a higher number (or later letter alphabetically in the case of ATR) indicates greater scope and complexity.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Bring clarity, create energy and ultimately deliver results setting the vision for a team of talented engineers
- Drive the architecture, design and implementation of immersive and hybrid 3D user experiences including the integration with Windows
- Own and drive the partnership with the Win365 and related teams for our mutual success
- Realize the vision of remotely streamed applications (of various classes) to 1st and 3rd Party headsets
- Work directly with customers & partners to develop ground-breaking 3D experiences that leverage Windows on Azure
- Closely collaborating with partner with Design and User Research teams to advance the state-of-the art of Mixed Reality, Augented Reality & Virtual Reality in both ease-of-use and productivity
- Leading all aspects of Software Development including design, implementation, testing, maintenance, documentation, and delivery
- Hiring and mentoring developers and sharing expertise throughout our team
- Enjoy solving ambiguous and challenging technical problems with wide scope
- You will have the opportunity to work with new technologies on a diverse range of cutting-edge software and related hardware platforms