Microsoft AR/VR Job | SoC Verification Manager
Job（岗位）: SoC Verification Manager
Type（岗位类型）: Hardware Engineering
Citys（岗位城市）: Raleigh, United States
Microsoft’s hardware teams incubate advanced technologies and build deep partnerships with internal research, product planning, and marketing teams. Microsoft ships tens of millions of hardware products every year, including the Xbox, Surface devices, HoloLens, accessories, and much more.
Our opportunities represent a variety of disciplines including, but not limited to, design, verification, performance modeling and DevOps supporting the development of custom silicon.
- BS/MS in ElectricalEngineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related degree.
- 8+ years of experience in design verification including 3+ years of technical verification management experience as a part of a CPU, SoC and/or IP development team
- 3+ years of experience assembling a project plan with inputs from multiple stakeholders as well as the development team, then tracking, reporting, and identifying mitigation steps as needed to adhere to the project schedule
- In depth knowledge of verification principles, testbenches, stimulus generation, and coverage
- Demonstrated expertise in one or more of the following:
- CPU cores, protocols, and related firmware
- Coherent and non-coherent fabric IPs and protocols
- Memory Controller/PHY IPs, DDR protocols, and related firmware
- PCIe Controller/PHY IPs, protocols and related firmware
- USB Controller/PHY IPs, protocols and related firmware
- Manageability IPs, protocols, and related firmware
- Security IPs, firmware, SoC level features/flows, OS/software interactions.
- Extensive experience debugging designs as well as creating simulation environments
- Knowledge of full chip and system level flows and protocols
- Proven leadership skills
- Strong communication, collaboration and teamwork skills and ability to contribute to diverse and inclusive teams.
#OCP2021 #microsoftraleigh #microsoftaustin #microsoftpdx
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
The Silicon Computing Development Team in Raleigh is seeking passionate, driven, and intellectually curious computer/electrical engineers to deliver premium-quality designs once considered impossible. Our team is involved in numerous projects within Microsoft developing custom silicon for a diverse set of systems ranging from traditional computing solutions to artificial intelligence and augmented reality. We are responsible for delivering cutting-edge, custom CPU and SoC designs that can perform complex and high-performance functions in an extremely efficient manner.
In this role, you will:
- Be a key member of technical management team developing world-class and complex SOC design consisting of multiple subsystems and IP components
- Manage the team developing verification environments including agents and scoreboards
- Plan the work of your team on multiple simultaneous development projects with broader leadership team
- Provide technical and project management guidance to the entire SoC front end development team
- Work cross functionally as a team with specialists in architecture, design, DFT, firmware, post silicon validation and manufacturing test
- Engage with partners to drive continuous improvement to both the design, to verification plans/collateral, and to methodology to prevent, reduce, and/or find bugs sooner, or more reliably
- Manage direct reports by goal setting, mentoring, coaching, and providing performance appraisals, career planning and compensation recommendations