Microsoft AR/VR Job | Senior Software Engineer
Job（岗位）: Senior Software Engineer
Citys（岗位城市）: Redmond, United States
In Mixed Reality, people—not devices—are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together—whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more.
We’re a growing team of talented engineers, program managers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox. Our team has people from a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, previous work histories, life experiences, and we are eager to maintain and grow that diversity. Our varied backgrounds and unique experiences enable us to be better at building the best solutions for our customers and make for dynamic and joyful collaborations with colleagues! If you are passionate about groundbreaking Mixed Reality technology and want to work on a team dedicated to a culture of inclusion, growth mindset and collaboration, we need you!
Our team’s charter is to create a password-less world by enabling seamless biometrics through iris recognition. Working closely with eye tracking, it is one of the most fundamental feature in HoloLens. We have an immediate opening for a Software Engineer. In this role you will be responsible for the design, implementation, and integration of subsystems, software and firmware. Creativity in problem solving will be a common occurrence via writing new code or adopting existing industry solutions with a focus on stability, ease of use, and extensibility.
The following qualities are important to this role:
- Effective communication
- A proven collaborator
- Passionate for changing ambiguity into decisions
- Motivated and able to quickly learn new technologies
- Attentive to detail
- A BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of relevant software design and development experience
- Android, Windows or Linux development experience in C/C++
- Experience working with sensors
- Writing performance critical code in C/C++
- Experience with mobile, embedded systems, systems on a chip (SoC), including performance and memory management
- Software architecture and API design experience
- Experience with cameras in the mobile space, camera processing pipelines, ISP tuning, or image quality fundamentals
- GPU Programming
- Proven experience working through the full product cycle from initial design to final product
- Cloud Screen Requirement verbiage: Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Design and deliver key drivers, tools, and OS components for our product.
- Work in close partnership with a team of cross discipline peers including design, hardware, PM and Quality Engineering for sustained long term success, and contribute to a strong team culture.
- Assist with hardware bring-up, tooling and data.
- Own accurate costing for your engineering activities and execute with high accountability to schedule and quality.
- Define, track and report key metrics and forecasts to assess overall business health.
- Adopt appropriate telemetry strategies to understand how your code is leveraged and overall framework reliability.
- Implement and enrich data pipeline, data model sets to support data analysis needs
- Support engineering counterparts to define the questions they want to be answered through data analysis
- Help teams run experiments to validate their designs choices
- Participate actively in detailed design, code reviews, bug/issue triage with the feature teams, and support well informed decisions towards business and engineering goals.