Microsoft AR/VR Job | 3D Character Art Manager
Job（岗位）: 3D Character Art Manager
Type（岗位类型）: Design & Creative
Citys（岗位城市）: Redmond, United States
In Microsoft Mixed Reality, people—not devices—are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together—whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating diverse groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more.
We’re a growing team of talented engineers, program managers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox. Our team has people from a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, previous work histories, life experiences, and we are eager to maintain and grow that diversity. Our varied backgrounds and unique experiences enable us to be better at building the best solutions for our customers and make for dynamic and joyful collaborations with colleagues!
We are looking for a highly motivated 3D Character Art Manager to come join us in delivering the next wave of holographic experiences in an exciting new project. You are drawn to working on the latest and most innovative products in the world. You seek projects that will transform how people interact with technology. You have a drive to grow your skillset by finding unique challenges that have yet to be solved. Apply today!
- 5+ years’ industry experience and at least (5) AAA shipped titles as an 3D Character Art Lead/Manager
- 3+ shipped game titles as a contributing artist in 3D modeling, specifically real-time characters
- This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services governed by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Due to contractual limitations and ITAR obligations associated with this role, U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(3) is required
- Candidates selected for this position may need to comply with Federal Executive Order 14042 mandating that federal contractors and subcontractors receive the COVID-19 vaccine by being fully vaccinated before their date of hire, or work with Microsoft to receive an approved religious or medical accommodation
- Experience working across multiple art styles from hyper-realistic to super-stylized
- Augmented or Virtual Reality experience
- Unity, Unreal, or related game engine experience
- A well-rounded understanding of platform rendering limits from mobile to next generation consoles
- Cross-discipline collaboration skills
- Great communication, both written and verbal
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
– Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Work on the creation of 3D content, models, materials, textures and shaders towards the delivery of our products
- Partner with industry-leading Engineers, Artists, Designers and Producers
- Work with state-of-the art next generation hardware, sensors and software
- Incorporate the latest AI, Machine Learning and Computer vision capabilities into the design of our products