Microsoft AR/VR Job | Software Engineer – Mixed Reality
Job（岗位）: Software Engineer – Mixed Reality
Citys（岗位城市）: Zürich, Switzerland
The Microsoft Mixed Reality & AI (Artificial Intelligence) lab in Zurich, Switzerland, is a research and development team building the future of mixed reality. We are passionate about combining cloud computing with computer vision to map and understand the environment, recognize, and track relevant objects, and assist users in performing different tasks. The team is building up diverse expertise across computer vision, cloud computing, machine learning, robotics, human-machine interaction, and software engineering.
We are looking for talented software engineers to help us build the next generation of our technology and deploy our solutions at scale in the cloud. The ideal candidate is passionate about inventing and building technology that can help to support and improve the lives of millions of users.
The Microsoft lab is in downtown Zurich close to ETH Zurich, the top technical school in continental Europe, enabling close collaboration in multiple areas. The city of Zurich, Switzerland, is centrally located in Europe and consistently ranks among the top cities in the world for quality of life.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent alternative skills and/or practical experience is required.
- Strong and proven software and system engineering capabilities with hands-on experience in several of the following software/tools:
- Modern programming languages such as C++, C#, Python
- Modern build automation technologies such as CMake and Bazel
- Container orchestration and deployment technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, Helm)
- Microsoft Azurend related cloud technologies (Azure Kubernetes Service, Azure Cosmos DB (databases), Azure Storage)
- Hands-on experience in operating, monitoring, and improving a large-scale cloud service
- Excellent English oral and written communication skill
- Capable of operating effectively and independently in a dynamic environment
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Our team works primarily on mapping and environment understanding technologies to support our Mixed Reality products. These technologies are deployed as large-scale backend services on Azure. As a software engineer, you will be responsible for designing and implementing these cloud-based solutions, as well as deploying them to production. The responsibilities include:
- Collaborate cross-functionally with scientists and engineers, as well as project managers and customers
- Monitor and analyze service performance. Diagnose and recover from production incidents
- Analyze and improve software development and release processes. Deploy modern and scalable solutions for the automation of build and deployment
- Design scalable software architectures allowing to deploy computer vision algorithms in the cloud