Microsoft AR/VR Job | Design Verification Engineer II
Job（岗位）: Design Verification Engineer II
Type（岗位类型）: Hardware Engineering
Citys（岗位城市）: Redmond, United States
In Mixed Reality, people—not devices—are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together—whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction and more.
We’re a growing team of talented engineers, program managers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox. Our team has people from a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, previous work histories, life experiences, and we are eager to maintain and grow that diversity. Our varied backgrounds and unique experiences enable us to be better at building the best solutions for our customers and make for dynamic and joyful collaborations with colleagues!
If you are passionate about groundbreaking Mixed Reality technology and want to work on a team dedicated to a culture of inclusion, growth mindset and collaboration, we need you!
We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-driven design verification engineer. The individual should have strong EE fundamentals and proven track record of supporting and verifying high density electronics assemblies from prototype through high volume mass production. A successful candidate will be a technical leader, effective communicator, creative, willing learner, and effective working in teams to solve cross functional problems.
- 5+ years of technical engineering experience
- OR Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field AND 2+ years of technical engineering experience OR Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field.
- 8+ years of technical engineering experience
- OR Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field AND 5+ years of technical engineering experience
- OR Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field AND 2+ years of technical engineering experience OR Doctorate degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field.
- 5 years of experience with design verification and testing of consumer electronics and/or electrical hardware
- 1 years of experience leading a team of design verification engineers and/or lab technicians.
- Knowledge of Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Working knowledge of test equipment, oscilloscopes, temperature chamber operations and PCB probing
- Knowledge in some of the following areas (Switched mode and linear power supplies, Microcontrollers, Li-ion batteries)
- Expert knowledge with circuit design concepts from analog, mixed signal design.
- Proficiency with schematic and PCB viewer software. Cadence Concept HDL & Allegro preferred.
- Experience with IC rework including large high density BGAs down to 0.35u pin pitch
- Experience and desire to work in lab to perform bring-up and validation of electronic assemblies.
- Experience with serial digital interfaces such as I2C, SPI, USB, MIPI, etc.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Reviewing schematic and PCB through Cadence Concept HDL & Allegro
- Performing IC rework including large high density BGAs down to 0.35u pin pitch and blue wire rework
- Working in the lab to perform bring-up and validation of electronic assemblies.
- Using and debugging serial digital interfaces such as I2C, SPI, USB, MIPI, etc.
- Scripting test automation and validation tasks using languages such as Python.