Microsoft AR/VR Job | Senior Interaction/Accessibility Designer
Job（岗位）: Senior Interaction/Accessibility Designer
Type（岗位类型）: Design & Creative
Citys（岗位城市）: Redmond, United States
About the company and the team
In Mixed Reality, people —not devices—are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together—whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more.
We’re growing a team of talented engineers, program managers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Mixed Reality devices. Our team has people from a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, previous work histories, life experiences, and we are eager to maintain and grow that diversity. Our varied backgrounds and unique experiences enable us to be better at building the best solutions for our customers and make for dynamic and joyful collaborations with colleagues.
If you are passionate about groundbreaking Mixed Reality technology and want to work on a team dedicated to a culture of inclusion, growth mindset and collaboration, we need you!
About the role
Microsoft’s Mixed Reality Design and UX Research team is looking for a customer-focused Senior Interaction/Accessibility Designer to help us define how we interact with the Mixed world.
This team supports our employees in all locations around the country. This job has the option to be remote or located in one of our hubs.
- BA/BFA in 3D Design, Interaction Design, or equivalent industry experience
- 7+ years’ Interaction Design experience working with Unity or equivalent tools to design user interfaces for games, interactive experiences, and/or apps
- Demonstrable experience in driving accessibility into product design
- Experience developing innovative controls & patterns that work across 0D, 2D, 3D, and accessibility experiences
- Experience designing user interface systems that support multi-modal inputs and a wide range of human capabilities from low vision, mobility, and hearing
- Understanding of responsive UX/UI methodologies and how your design conforms to it
- Experience reating rapid prototypes to demonstrate the functionality of your design
- Experience creating sample apps and documentation against the work you do
- Designed a User Interface in a Virtual or Augmented Reality product that has shipped
- Mobile App Development – You have created great experiences within the technical confines of a mobile platform
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
As a Senior Interaction/Accessibility Designer, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Conceptualize and develop innovative designs across 2D & 3D experiences
- Rapidly prototype concepts to demonstrate your design
- Create sample apps and documentation against the work you do
- Collaborate with cross-discipline peers to solve creative and technical problems
- Apply human-centered design and interaction design best practices
- Take ownership of user interface vision and work through completion
- Seek out and implement feedback to constantly improve and refine your design
- Demonstrate and communicate clear expectations for quality of work, productivity, communication, and professionalism with team members
- Work with designers, producers, and developers to define and meet key milestones as well as create task lists and work estimates
- Be a positive and creative force in the team
- Champion inclusive and accessible design thinking and solutions across MR