Microsoft AR/VR Job | Senior Software Engineer
Job（岗位）: Senior Software Engineer
Citys（岗位城市）: San Francisco, United States
In Mesh, people—not devices—are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together—whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more.
We’re a team of talented engineers, program managers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox. Our team has people from a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, previous work histories, life experiences, and we are eager to maintain and grow that diversity. Our varied backgrounds and unique experiences enable us to be better at building the best solutions for our customers and make for dynamic and joyful collaborations with colleagues!
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our engineering team to advance the technology of volumetric video. Our Mixed Reality Capture Studios produce holograms of people and performances, capturing their full 3D appearance for viewing from any angle. We operate a reference stage in San Francisco and have licensed our tech to partners around the world, with more on the way. These studios already enable creators to build consumer and enterprise experiences for Mixed Reality, mobile, web, desktop, and TV, and we’re just getting started, with a roadmap to bring this medium to everyone in Microsoft Mesh. It’s the evolution of video, and we envision the day when everyone has access to this technology to connect and collaborate.
If you are passionate about groundbreaking Mixed Reality technology and want to work on a team dedicated to a culture of inclusion, growth mindset and collaboration, we need you!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline; advanced degree preferred
- 5+ years professional software development experience, emphasizing development of computer graphics solutions in C++
- 3+ years of experience applying 3D computer graphics theory in practice (examples: rendering, image processing, animation, modeling, etc.)
- Experience with GPU APIs such as CUDA
- Experience in application and UI development, especially for UWP apps; cross-platform development experience is a plus
- Experience working with Computer Vision, Augmented and/or Virtual Reality.
- Experience developing software tools used by artists is a strong plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
With access to Microsoft’s breadth of research and engineering expertise, you will design innovative solutions to new technology challenges posed by creators and consumers of the volumetric video, developing and optimizing algorithms to make these solutions robust, scalable, and affordable. You will have a passion for improving human experience via new technologies and will thrive on working closely with creators to achieve their vision in a new medium.
- Plan, design, develop and support software systems, applications and tools for volumetric video creation services
- Engage with clients and users to understand their challenges, and design solutions suitable for real world production
- Apply your expertise in computer graphics and software engineering rigor to develop high performance, reliable and innovative solutions to novel CG challenges
- Partner with researchers and engineers across teams to bring cutting edge innovations to high reliability services