Job（岗位）: Embedded Escalation Engineer – Mixed Reality
Type（岗位类型）: Technical Support
Citys（岗位城市）: Charlotte, United States | Las Colinas, United States | Redmond, United States | Issaquah, United States
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
With over 15,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft Customer Experience and Success (CEnS) organization is responsible for the strategy, design, and implementation of the Microsoft end-to-end customer experience. This newly expanded organization reflects the Microsoft ambition to be known as a customer experience company, ensuring our Microsoft mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more is enabled by delighting customers and consistently exceeding their expectations in every interaction through a connected customer experience.
Microsoft has a tremendous opportunity to exceed customer expectations and drive greater customer loyalty and trust, which leads to greater satisfaction, retention, and growth. The CEnS organization is looking for people with a passion for delivering customer success to help us build a future where customers come to us, not only because we provide industry-leading products and services, and also because we provide a differentiated and connected customer experience that is rooted in our commitment to delivering on customer outcomes.
Escalation Engineers (EE) investigate and solve critical, complex, and highly technical issues using mostly code-level techniques – like trace and source code analysis, debugging tools, reverse engineering techniques and other sophisticated diagnostic tools. EEs are responsible for driving Product Engineering engagement. They handle highly complex politically charged and financially important cases through collaboration and conflict resolution skills and act as key collaboration point for support teams.
In this role you will become world best in your area of expertise. Besides technical talent, we are looking for people who thrive under challenging circumstances and engage in difficult situations while they learn.
- 7+ years technical support, customer-facing. technical consulting experience, or information technology experience
- OR Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology (IT), or related field AND 5+ years technical support, technical consulting experience, or information technology experience.
- 1+ years experience with Unity 3d, Azure services, HoloLens application development, or programming in Win32 and Mix Reality
• Networking & Cloud knowledge.
• Familiarity and experience with managed debugging.
• Visual Studio and/or Visual Studio Code to develop, debug, and or deploy applications and Azure Services.
• Experience with RESTful APIs and Web services.
• Experience with Unreal
• Experience developing for Android and/or iOS
Microsoft Technology Certifications
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and / or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire / transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
• Handle highly complex, political, financial, executive level cases – as business demands
• Key collaboration point for advanced troubleshooting to unblock issues – including the use of code-level techniques
• Manage engagement with Product Engineering for Support-raised escalations
• Work alongside Serviceability and engineering teams as trusted advisor to improve incident resolution or service deficiency
• Drive process, tool, service delivery and solution improvements that enable effective troubleshooting and remediation (incl. Diagnostics)
• Provide ramp activities for junior engineers, knowledge sharing, technical coaching and mentoring
• Drive technical collaboration and engagement outside of CSS (Product Engineering teams, Services, Support, Regions)
• Lead or participate in building communities with peer delivery roles; may be workload or specialty specific