Microsoft AR/VR Job | Principal UX Research Lead (Teams)
Job（岗位）: Principal UX Research Lead (Teams)
Type（岗位类型）: Design & Creative
Citys（岗位城市）: Dallas, United States
We’re looking for a talented design research leader to join us in delivering next generation user experiences for Microsoft Teams. Your work will help opportunity to shape the product direction for Microsoft Teams, a collaboration app that is changing how people work together. Our interdisciplinary design team values creative thinking, sharing ideas openly, and having fun while we work. Most of all, we’re motivated by the desire to create product experiences people love.
We are specifically looking for a research leader to design, plan and execute innovative and influential research that shapes future releases of Microsoft Teams Online-Meeting experience including Calling, Large Meeting, Collab Devices, and AR/VR. We need an independent thinker who can develop a research agenda, interpret disparate data, conduct qualitative assessments, and most importantly translate this into product impact through direct team engagement. We are looking for someone who can be an objective user advocate but also have a strong product point of view. You will directly interact with the product team and executive management so being a great at taking insights and turning it into compelling narratives is critical. You will be hands on as well as an inspiring leader who can grow and motivate a research team in a very agile environment.
- 8+ years of experience conducting UX research in an applied setting.
- 5+ years managing a research team
- Demonstrated experience in quantitative research, behavioral analysis, and statistics.
- Work examples demonstrating actionable insight from qualitative data.
- Excel at cross-disciplinary collaboration and leadership.
- Exposure to and understanding of a variety of design, project management, and development processes and methodologies including agile development methods
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills to tell your research stories to fellow designers, engineers, and product management.
- Passionate about social computing, communications, and modern consumer experiences.
- Eagerness to continually learn, grow and improve the craft of UX research.
- MA/MS in experiment psychology, computer human interaction, statistics, human factors, market research or related field, or a BA/BS in one of these fields with significant industry experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- You will collaborate deeply with and inspire designers, product managers, and engineers to deliver research intelligence and influence product design.
- Identify and prioritize research team priorities and agenda based on analysis of existing product designs, business needs, project goals and risks.
- Design and conduct studies that address both user behavior and attitudes employing the best research method(s) based on research questions, timeline and resourcing.
- Perform quick but thorough data analysis to create insightful and actionable results and communicate opportunities in concise, and compelling ways to all levels of management.
- Set priorities and overall research agenda for the team.
- Grow and motivate researchers to evolve their craft/ approach.