Microsoft AR/VR Job | Principal Research Program Manager
Job（岗位）: Principal Research Program Manager
Citys（岗位城市）: Redmond, United States
In Mixed Reality, people—not devices—are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together. To get there, we’re incorporating diverse groundbreaking technologies, from computer vision to machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more. We’re a growing team of talented researchers, designers, and engineers putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, Windows Mixed Reality headsets, and motion controllers. We believe in success through a compelling end-to-end customer experience for Mixed Reality. If you do too, we need you!We are looking for a Principal Research Operations Lead who’s capable of driving, influencing, and executing User Research events across teams, products, and programs. In this role, you’ll lead a team that will continually evolve and improve our implementation of Research Operations.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent practical experience in Research Operations, Human Centered Design, product management, project management, or a closely related field.
- Experience implementing Human Centered Design principles, concepts, and methods.
- 4+ years of research and design work experience; familiarity and/or experience working with AR/VR technologies or similar emergent technologies preferred.
- Experience working through complete, complex product cycles with an understanding and application of human-centered design and prototyping approaches.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a high tolerance for ambiguity and change.
- Proven track record planning and executing research activities across several stakeholders and customers.
- This position requires access to information controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), the successful candidate must be a
- Develop and align mixed methods user research plans with various stakeholders including (but not limited to) the public sector, military, commercial, and consumer segments.
- Integrate Human Centered Design frameworks and principles to develop continuous improvement practices from research planning to insight delivery.
- Develop and maintain Research Tools and Infrastructure; work with Research leadership to define, create, facilitate, manage, and oversee areas such as research assets, Insights repository, and vendor management.
- Grow and maintain research facilities; provide management and oversight of our existing external research facilities + develop a long term vision and plan to align facility access with Research roadmap.
- Align on all Safety and Compliance regulations and standards; ingest existing compliance, privacy, and regulatory guidelines and mandates into our research execution plans.
A successful candidate must be able to collaborate well across Microsoft and diverse stakeholders, possess strong technical research skills, have an aptitude and interest in creating data-driven strategy, be excited about creating an inclusive environment, and understand how good design can create great products.