Microsoft AR/VR Job | Senior Product Expert
Job（岗位）: Senior Product Expert
Citys（岗位城市）: Hyderabad, India
In Mixed Reality, people—not devices—are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together—whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating diverse groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more. We’re a growing team of talented engineers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox. We believe there has to be a better way. If you do too, we need you!
Candidate will be responsible to define and own the XR product approvals based on the regulatory landscape, market, and industry trends. This person will be responsible for overseeing, coordinating, and communicating regulatory compliance, business development, and proof of concept with carriers and enterprises, engaging with Government/policy makers on technology enablement and provide thought leadership within the regulatory team, which includes maintaining awareness and effective management of business technology, information risks, issues, and opportunities within the environment. This manager will work closely with external alliances to align technology roadmaps and be responsible for collaborating with the Microsoft development organization to ensure the quality of products meet the standards and requirements. Takes end-to-end responsibility and ownership for issue resolution, ensure alignment with local test labs, coordinate open issues and report them back, track the issues with respective teams until final closure. Drive product launches and software releases across different regions. Develop new processes for increased efficiency, automation, data analysis end-to-end performance across products, help time to market initiatives of the organization. If required, travel and work with the remote team members and direct engagement with trusted certification partners.
- First level university degree or equivalent experience required in an engineering discipline.
- Minimum 15 or more years of carrier and enterprise IT industry experience, including 5 or more years of direct consumer products regulatory approvals,product management and new technology initiatives/services experience.
- Directly engage with customers for leads and opportunities. Conduct POC’s with carriers and enterprise customers.
- Validate new technology and provide thought leadership with regulators, policy makers, carriers, enterprises (both public and private sectors), and lead advocacy efforts with trade associations.
- Strong domain knowledge of cloud management with experience in AI/ML, AR, VR, MR technologies
- Hands-on experience of system integration, software, and hardware testing and prior experience of product life cycle management of handling high-tech ICT products.
- Strong knowledge of carrier business processes, enterprise ecosystem focusing on ISV (Independent Software Vendors), IT, and infrastructure domains, carrier certification and industry standards.
- Strong program management and business acumen combined with a sound carrier and enterprise IT technical foundation including cloud.
- Support and drive the carrier and industry approvals of wireless products
- Demonstrated proficiency in multiple product certification models and ability to influence and communicate inside and outside of the organization.
- Working knowledge of devices, software, firmware, system architecture etc.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with focus on engineering problems and solutions.
- Advanced communication skills catered to a wide variety of audiences. (e.g. written, verbal, presentation); mastery in English and local language
- Superior business acumen, technical knowledge, and industry experience encompassing one or more engineering, technology, and product domains
- Advanced multi-tasking and prioritization skills, advanced relationship management skills, including partnering and consulting
- High-level of executive maturity and experience working with leadership
# Mixed Reality
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter. Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Technology evangelist works closely with regulators, policy makers, carriers, enterprise (both public and private sectors), trade associations, the research community, and academia. Track closely the changes in the market, industry landscape, technology trends, and competition.
- Supports multiple individual contributors across multiple geographies responsible for ensuring that XR product’s meet the regulatory standard in their respective regions.
- Generates and maintain compliance matrix documents for XR products.
- Analyzes new features based on the product roadmap and gather regulatory requirements, and to provide guidance and feedback to engineering and product team
- Lead the engagements with carriers, enterprises on technical discussions, proof-of concept/trials/ product demos and support the team on the most effective and efficient ways to certify products and technologies.
- Provides the key interface between external teams and partner test labs to internal test and development teams.
- Manage to the deliverables, schedules, quality goals and costs for ongoing projects and programs, as outlined by the program team, in accordance with program and organizational roadmaps.
- Manages relationships with regulators, carriers, enterprises and outsourced test partners, including setting expectations regarding product launch deliverables, product quality, schedules, and costs.
- Ensure test partners have the capability to test new XR product for regulatory compliance.
- Proactively identifies and leads process improvement and cost reductions opportunities for organization like external vs. internal.
- Engages with program managers, and development leaders to communicate program status, escalate issues, and influence tactical decision-making.
- Monitor any upcoming regulation in the region and feedback to regulatory public consultation.
- Studying new regulations and work with regulators, policy makers, standardization bodies, industry associations to come up with compliance requirements and comprehensive risk mitigation strategiesincluding regulatory/policy advocacy plan.