Microsoft AR/VR Job | Sr. Product Development Engineer
Job（岗位）: Sr. Product Development Engineer
Citys（岗位城市）: Mountain View, United States
In Mixed Reality, people—not devices—are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together—whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction and more.
We’re a growing team of talented engineers, program managers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox. Our team has people from a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, previous work histories, life experiences, and we are eager to maintain and grow that diversity. Our varied backgrounds and unique experiences enable us to be better at building the best solutions for our customers and make for dynamic and joyful collaborations with colleagues!
If you are passionate about groundbreaking Mixed Reality technology and want to work on a team dedicated to a culture of inclusion, growth mindset and collaboration, we need you!
The Devices & Technology team within Mixed Reality is responsible for every physical device that Mixed Reality ships – from firmware to final hardware.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-driven Senior Product Development Engineer with a proven track record of bringing high density electronics assemblies from prototype through high volume mass production. A successful candidate will be a technical leader, effective communicator, creative & willing learner, and effective working in teams to solve cross functional problems.
- Bachelor of Science (Master’s preferred) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related engineering fields
- 5+ years in a hardware development engineering, product development engineering or manufacturing engineering role driving yield improvement and failure analysis.
- Experience with displays and/or sensors preferred
- Experience with high-volume consumer electronics manufacturing, PCB manufacturing preferred
- Knowledge of reliability tests and failure models
- Work effectively with cross-functional teams to resolve complex engineering and manufacturing challenges
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently, navigate ambiguity and manage change
- Knowledge of statistical tools like JMP preferred
This position requires access to information controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), the successful candidate must be a “U.S. person” : a natural person (a) who is a lawful permanent resident as defined in 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20); or (b) who is a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3); or (c) is subject to an approved license by the applicable government agency.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Work closely with development, manufacturing, reliability and quality teams to understand product requirements and implement testing strategies to deliver a high quality product.
- Drive failure debug and yield improvement activities and clearly communicate results to cross-functional team
- Implement process for continuous yield improvement at contract manufacturer and develop KPIs to track progress
- Develop DOEs to optimize various aspects of the manufacturing process
- Drive IQC/OQC correlation for critical components to lower defectivity at the supplier
- Apply statistical analysis to provide yield projections during proto builds and production ramp. Work closely with the manufacturing team to establish yield targets and any mitigation plans required to meet product targets
- Drive production ramp readiness with internal teams (gate reviews), external partners and contract manufacturers
- Communicate project status updates with clarity to various project stakeholders, including team members and leadership team