Microsoft AR/VR Job | 3D Designer
Job（岗位）: 3D Designer
Type（岗位类型）: Design & Creative
Citys（岗位城市）: Los Angeles, United States | Redmond, United States
Vortex is a newly founded studio within the Microsoft Mixed Reality group exploring product frontiers that bring together collaborative science, missions to benefit our planet, and entertainment all while pushing the forefront of technology. We are looking for 3D Designer to join our team as we define the future of Mixed Reality experiences.
In this role, you will work closely with designers, engineers, and program managers to create immersive, collaborative experiences that will revolutionize interactions between the end user and their devices. You will bring to life persistent experiences across HoloLens, VR and physical locations that lay the groundwork for the next era in interactive entertainment.
Our team values diversity of thought generated through lived experience, varied backgrounds, and innate curiosity. We are energized by individuals with unique perspectives who challenge convention and assumptions. If you are passionate about groundbreaking Mixed Reality technology and want to work on a team dedicated to a culture of inclusion, growth mindset, and collaboration, we need you!
- 4+ years of industry experience using Zbrush, Maya, 3DS Max, Adobe suite or equivalent 3D art tools
- 4+ years of industry experience developing immersive games in Unity
- Understanding of visual storytelling and the ability to create beautiful 3D art assets that account for challenges inherent in interactive domains, optimizing for platform constraints and form factor considerations
- Comprehensive portfolio of digital 3D artwork demonstrating an understanding of color theory, composition, lighting and perspective
- Game development, physical installation, or equivalent spatial design experience
- VFX experience would be great, but not necessary
- Experience developing for augmented, virtual, and mixed reality devices
- Model and texture environments (primarily hard surface) and interactable objects with a high level of detail and quality to meet experience goals
- Work closely with UX and visual designers to realize a strong visual language across experiences and products
- Routinely explore new creative trends, technologies, and styles
- Help create concept designs, as needed