Microsoft AR/VR Job | Director of Business Management
Job（岗位）: Director of Business Management
Type（岗位类型）: Business Operations
Citys（岗位城市）: Redmond, United States
In Mixed Reality, people—not devices—are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together—whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction and more.
We’re a growing team of talented engineers, product/program managers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox. Our team has people from a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, previous work histories, life experiences, and we are eager to maintain and grow that diversity. Our varied backgrounds and unique experiences enable us to be better at building the best solutions for our customers and make for dynamic and joyful collaborations with colleagues.
If you are passionate about groundbreaking Mixed Reality technology and want to work on a team dedicated to a culture of inclusion, growth mindset and collaboration, we need you!
- 8+ years of relevant experience in business management, product / program management, operations, strategy and operations, consulting or equivalent experience that includes ideating strategy and executing large-scale change management across organizations.
- 4+ years of people management experience
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Masters, MBA, or PhD
- Previous Chief of Staff, Technical Advisor, or Strategy & Operations leadership experience
- Experience driving results in a large organization where employees are distributed globally
- Experience in strategy, product, operations, planning, execution, building relationships and working with leaders at all levels
- Experience handling executive level time-sensitive and confidential business information/challenges
- Comfortable with ambiguity, embraces challenges with a growth mindset, and generates energy to the team
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to create a team-focused environment that fosters strong, collaborative working relationships
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, demonstrated success in driving complex strategies and projects
- Exceptional ability to create clarity by synthesizing complex information
- Outstanding cross group organizational skills and agility
- Proven project management skills and a motivated self-starter
- Experience in new technology businesses
- Exceptional collaboration behaviors
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Strategy & Operations is a central team in the Mixed Reality organization where we drive business operations, engineering operations, compliance, and growth for business scale. This position reports to the Director of Business Operations and Portfolio Strategy and is a member of the Business Operations leadership team.
The Director of Business Management role is a key leadership position in the Business Operations team. We are seeking an individual who will be a strong leader of people and organizational-wide processes. This role will partner with executives and senior leaders, will empower their team to extend the scope of our executives, will connect organizational priorities to Rhythm of Business design, and will generate energy to the business management team with their leadership.
We want you to drive innovation that people love and be boundary-less in seeking solutions.
What you’ll do
- Build and coach a world class, inclusive team of business managers that reflects our growth mindset culture. You will coach, care, model, and guide each person in their journey of developing the skills and experiences to achieve their career aspirations.
- Empower a team of business managers to “extend the leader” with business advising and technical advising to executives
- Lead and support strategic global initiatives, ranging from people operations, tooling development to create more efficient business operations, workforce deployment management, to infrastructure and real estate
- Support the Strategy & Operations and Mixed Reality leadership team in strategic business planning, strategy ideation, proposal development, in addition to managing the daily operations of the business.
- Define the Rhythm of the Business with Business Admin partners, ensuring it meets the needs of Leadership across multiple levels of our business and flows the right information down to the teams. Lead the business management team in the effective management of staff meetings across the business.
- Monitor organizational health and establish activities and rhythms to reinforce an inclusive, collaborative, communicative, and customer-centric team culture.
- Prioritize projects for impact and create long-term plans for the business management team and the Mixed Reality organization
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships across business operations, recruiting, human resources, financial and product analysis, business administration, and leadership to drive high business impact results.