Microsoft AR/VR Job | Senior Mechanical Engineer
Job（岗位）: Senior Mechanical Engineer
Citys（岗位城市）: Mountain View, United States
In Mixed Reality, people – not devices – are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together – whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction and more.
The Devices & Technology team within Mixed Reality is responsible for every physical device that Mixed Reality releases to market – from firmware to final hardware.
Our team has people from a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, previous work histories, life experiences, and we are eager to maintain and grow that diversity. Our varied backgrounds and unique experiences enable us to be better at building the best solutions for our customers and make for dynamic and joyful collaborations with colleagues!
If you are passionate about groundbreaking Mixed Reality technology across a variety of form factors, and want to work on a team dedicated to a culture of inclusion, growth mindset and collaboration, we need you!
We are looking for a creative Sr. Mechanical Engineer with strong practical and technical skills to join the device and prototype innovation team. Our team blends talents across wearable mechanical assemblies, optics, electronics and software to prototype our next generation consumer experiences.
A successful candidate will enjoy the challenge of taking an idea from concept to prototype with creativity and teamwork. Starting with ideation you’ll collaborate with end user teams to translate elements of new experiences into requirements for an electro-mechanical device. You will then transform these requirements into something tangible, using prototyping technologies to bring your ideas to life.
- Experience with Creo Pro/E, CAD or SolidWorks
- Minimum of 5 years’ mechanical product development experience, with at least three years designing mechanical systems for high-volume consumer electronic devices
- Strong understanding of plastic part design / injection molding.
- Experience in metal part design and CNC machining.
- Understanding of and experience with PCBA mechanical interface definition.
- Knowledge of optics fundamentals.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Conceptualize and design electro-mechanical parts and assemblies for consumer product prototypes thru synthesis of Electrical, Optical and Industrial Design constraints
- Create CAD designs incorporating learning from prototyping and considerations for manufacturing complexity and to-market schedule estimates.
- Perform tolerance analyses to demonstrate the high volume production feasibility of designs.
- Select appropriate materials and manufacturing processes for designs based on cost, quality, durability and cosmetic finish.
- Manage project timelines and design milestones for your work, and provide inputs to program management to inform schedule status/planning and technical risks.
- Apply a ‘growth mindset’ and outside-the-box thinking to foster innovation for next generation products.
- Collaborate with teams across various engineering functions and geographies.