Microsoft AR/VR Job | Software Design Engineer – Mixed Reality
Citys（岗位城市）: Redmond, United States
In Mixed Reality, people—not devices—are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together—whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more.
We’re a growing team of talented engineers, program managers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox. Our team has people from a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, previous work histories, life experiences, and we are eager to maintain and grow that diversity. Our varied backgrounds and unique experiences enable us to be better at building the best solutions for our customers and make for dynamic and joyful collaborations with colleagues!
If you are passionate about groundbreaking Mixed Reality technology and want to work on a team dedicated to a culture of inclusion, growth mindset and collaboration, we need you!
The Analysis Platform team develops a unique platform, service, and suite of tools that enables AI development for teams across Mixed Reality and Microsoft.
Developing AI projects requires massive data inputs, compute, and meticulous analytics in order to be successful. Help build the storage and workflow system that stores and processes petabytes of AI inputs. Help develop and optimize the 200,000 core distributed compute infrastructure running across the globe. Help create data structures, tools, and visualizations that drive deep understanding of AI algorithms. Work with teams across Microsoft developing AI technologies & products & help them succeed.
We need a developer that will help us take this platform to the next level, preparing for installations outside of Microsoft.
- 1+ years of professional experience designing, developing, and shipping high quality software with at least one of C/C++/C#/Java
- Experience with web related protocols and standards, such as HTTP, SSL, REST and JSON.
- BA/BS/MS in Computer Science, engineering or related field, or a minimum of 4 additional years of industry experience
- Experience with designing, building and operating highly available, highly reliable systems.
- Experience with service-oriented development and cloud-based systems
- User Interface development using Vue or React frameworks
- Familiarity with SQL databases and/or noSQL document stores
- Strong problem solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Strong customer focus
Cloud Screen Requirement:
- Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Work in a team with years of experience shipping cloud services with high availability and scale
- Learn the unique requirements of building state-of-the-art AI runtimes with large machine learned components, and the types of data processing needed to support them
- Collaborate with customers and understand their technology to ensure their solutions make the best use of the platform