Microsoft AR/VR Job | Senior Program Manager
Job（岗位）: Senior Program Manager
Type（岗位类型）: Business Operations
Citys（岗位城市）: Reston, United States
As Microsoft continues to develop the Intelligent Cloud & Edge, the set of customer experiences will grow every day. In the Mixed Reality Team, we are focused on enabling those experiences with physical devices like HoloLens and IVAS paired with innovative services in Azure. Our technology moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together—whether it is a social gathering in virtual reality or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we are incorporating diverse groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, and human-computer interaction. We are a growing team of talented engineers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, IVAS, IoT, tablets, and desktops.
Innovator. Entrepreneur. Dreamer. Builder. If these are words you would use to describe yourself, then the Microsoft Mixed Reality Government team is a great fit for you. We exist to accelerate human productivity and enhance the lives of each individual and governmental organization aiming to participate in revolutionary modernization efforts. We are an industry leader in the development, production, and deployment of mixed reality products and services, and we are looking forindividualswith a passion for people and technology. TheMicrosoft Mixed Reality team is dedicated to creating next generation experiences that operate within the Reality-Virtuality Continuum and represent the best expression of Microsoft’s mission of empowering every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more!
As a Senior Program Manager on the Mixed Reality Government Team, you willplaya critical role in executing current product and services program efforts and the developmentandimplementation ofnewmixed reality products and growth ambitions.
The position provides an opportunity to:
- Work with some of the top minds in the technology industry and impact innovation, strategy, and execution of Microsoft Mixed Reality Products.
- Build cross-functional teams and transact multimillion dollar business deals with a world class engineering team of professionals who interact closely with Microsoft’s application and intelligent cloud services teams.
- Thrive in a face-paced, engineering culture focusedonexecution,quality, innovation, and continuous learning.
- Join Microsoft…and play an active role in creating an environment rooted deeply in diversity and inclusion.
- BA/BS Undergraduate Degree.
- 4+ years of experience in product, program or process management
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Additional skills that will be beneficial to the role but are not required.
- Master’s Degree (MBA, MPP, or similar).
- A practical and academic understanding of military operations, public policy, and the application of technology to meet DOD and government modernization goals and priorities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with demonstrated practical experience.
- Overwhelming ability to synthesize complex information to develop sound operational recommendations.
- Unwavering attention to detail.
- End-user obsession and commitment to deliver results that exceed objectives and expectations.
Background Check and Security Clearance
- This position may require access to information controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), the successful candidate must be a “U.S. person” : a natural person (a) who is a lawful permanent resident as defined in 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20); or (b) who is a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3); or (c) is subject to an approved license by the applicable government agency.
- Candidates selected for this position must comply with Federal Executive Order 14042 mandating that federal contractors and subcontractors receive the COVID-19 vaccine by being fully vaccinated before their date of hire, or work with Microsoft to receive an approved religious or medical accommodation.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Provide cross functional program leadership to engage in and support the planning, development, and adoption of nascent mixed reality technologies developed for the Department of Defense.
- Identify unmet global defense sector end-user needs that can be solved by current and future Mixed Reality technologies.
- Author and deliver complete product business strategies for Defense Services and Intelligence agencies.
- Partner closely with critical stakeholders to understand and communicate product capabilities and limitations and to contribute to the envisioning, development, and delivery of Mixed Reality products.
- Deliver excellence inboth written and verbal communication with a focus on storytelling and conveying current and future program plans.
- Capture and transact multimillion dollar business deals leading cross functional engineering teams.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with cross-functional hardware,software,test, and finance
- Maintain a commitment to Diversity and Inclusion across the organization.